“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast

The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruston
The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Ruston B&B and Inns
Jackson, Mississippi
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have never had the experience staying at a bed and breakfast. If Lewis House is any indication of what a bed and breakfast is....well...I'm hooked. I loved the house, the amenities and C.J. I felt as though I was visiting a relative. It was homey and the atmosphere was totally relaxing. Even though the weekend event that I was attending was hectic, once I stepped through the door, total relaxation. C.J. was a perfect hostess. I fell in love with her personal attention to not only your needs, but your wants as well. I loved it....loved it...loved it. I wll definitely be back....Thanks C.J!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pinkie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

OMG! This is the most romantic place! And CJ made sure that all the romantic touches were perfect. A perfect place for a perfect romantic evening. Thank you Lewis House. And since we had the house to ourselves well.........! Will definitely be back! Thank you CJ

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ruston, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

The ENTIRE Lewis House was reserved for my wedding party and I to stay and get ready at the weekend of my wedding. We were very disrespected and were treated as children, when every girl staying there but two were 22 or older. The owner came several times throughout each day moving our belongings and items that she had no business moving and even throwing away. Personal items came up missing that should not have been moved while we were there. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy to stay at, and no one should even consider spending their money to support a such shady business as this.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank seo1217
CJDARLIN, Owner at The Lewis House Victorian Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
In all my years of being in the Hospitality Industry and operating The Lewis House Bed & Breakfast I would agree that the individuals above as well as myself and my staff had a Terrible Experience to say the least and I have acquirred great wisdom from the entire experience. I host many Special Events and Weddings at the Lewis House, but never have I met individuals so disrespectful and wild. The Lewis House in a very gorgeous historical home, which is priceless and these particular guests not only caused damage to the historical special place, they continually were damaging themselves the entire weekend with excessive drinking and erractic behavior that me nor my staff have ever had to deal with before. They also had underage individuals in their party who were drinking etc...Although drinking alcohol is allowed at The Lewis House, I will never tolerate underage drinking or wild erractic behavior! The Lewis House is a place of tranquility and an era of the past that is to be cherished an admired, not trashed and booze being spilt throughout the house. I always want guests to treat The Lewis House like home away from home, but that does not mean trashing the place. Up until this bridal party, all my guest over the years have always been very high class and refined, these individuals who have written my first ever negative review where like nothing I've ever seen, accept maybe in a bad movie! They even harrassed my staff and later on even after they had left the premises they had harrassed one of my sweetest employees and we had to call the police! My lesson learned: to not let a young bridal party rent the entire house without me or one of my staff staying on the premises the entire time or at least making sure their was a mature responsbile individual in the group to police them lol! This bad review they posted is just a slanderous untruth and gross retaliation. May God continue to bless me with a loving and forgiving heart...
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

I love to check out B&Bs.
Ruston's Lewis House is really nice. Had it all to myself! Great room and a fun 'gift shop' . I was late arriving and they did wait for me as the owner had another engagement.
I would stay again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank GloriaMunday
Ruston, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2008

My husband and I spend one night at the Lewis House for our anniversary. We were the only guests that night (random Tuesday), so it was like we had a new house for the night! The key pad door made for easy access. We ordered take out for dinner and had full access to dinner in the large dining room. Coffee, tea, snacks, etc. were conveniently provided at any time. Our room and private bath was clean and cool ! The beautiful furnishings of the "majestic suite" had the atmosphere of a big, fancy hotel. The upstairs loft made my husband feel right at home with the flat screen t.v. We had a wonderful country breakfast and enjoyed sitting in the rocking chair, reading a magazine and drinking the mornings cup of coffee! C.J. makes it easy to "make yourself at home" !!! The gift shop is a nice touch and we especially like the discount specials offered (Tech alumni and reserving online). It is so exciting to see that Ruston has a new jewel !

• Liked — Convenient access to town and comfortable atmosphere
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)