“Wonderful B&B!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Rayne B&B and Inns
Houma, Louisiana
“Wonderful B&B!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Maison D'Memoire was a wonderful way to spend our anniversary and Mother's day! We had an an amazing stay with impecible service and an eye to detail. Our stay was very relaxing and we can't wait for the opportunity to return!! I've already recommended this wonderful place to several family and friends!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to stay near Lafayette on the way to New Orleans and the Autumn cottage at Maison D'Memoire was perfect. The communication was timely and info and directions were spot-on. The decor was a trip down memory lane and we spent a good while looking at all the furnishings after arriving that afternoon. Lyn stopped by later on to make sure we didn't need anything. We took a walk around the pretty pond and loved sitting on the porch watching the birds and listening to the crickets chirp. The super breakfast arrived on time and was very tasty! The only negative to our stay was that the bed was not the most comfortable. While I slept ok, my boyfriend didn't get much sleep. Therefore, I have to rate this 4 stars instead of 5. Other than that, this quaint and private retreat was very enjoyable and one that we will remember for awhile.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Crowley, Louisiana
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I have been to five bed and breakfasts since we have been married, this one being our absolute favorite. This place is peaceful and romantic. It is clean and cozy. The owners are amazing. They are sweet but they also give you privacy. Oh, and the breakfast! Absolutely amazing! Also, my husband and I love to fish. The HUGE pond had us fishing for a good part of the day. This place is just what we needed to relax and clear our minds. I would advise everyone to go to this wonderful place. We've gone twice already in the last year and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Maison D'Memoire certainly lives up to its name - it was truly a house of memories for me and my dear friend with cancer whom I had not seen in 26 years. I wanted a quiet and tranquil place to relax and catch up with life and times as well as enjoy eating some good cajun food, listen to fun cajun music and see swamp gators swimming/sunning in the wild. All was accomplished and then some! I highly recommend the Cajun Extravaganza package if time allows. Be prepared to sleep like a baby on those matresses and linens.

Karen Allen, Birmingham, AL
Author of "Confronting Cancer with Faith"
www.confrontingcancerwithfaith.com

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Everything was so perfect, the owners were so nice, the breakfast was the best i ever had, the cabin left me dreaming of it every day since. I would have my wedding here if it was closer to home. Just the most perfect night of my life, my only regret is not staying longer. Make sure you check out Hawkes for some boiled crayfish.

Room Tip: I stayed in Autumn Cottage, and it was so beautiful. So much detail. LOVED that place, was very sad...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband surprised me with this trip for Christmas. This was our first bed and breakfast experience in 24 years of marriage... and it won't be our last. The Sweet Surrender Cottage was a beautiful little cottage at the end of the private road right next to the lake. Lyn and Ken have done an amazing job restoring the cottages and each has its own story. The heart shaped hot tub and rose decor were great additions, while the wrap-around-porch provided a space to relax and take in the peaceful surroundings. The highlight were the breakfasts... Lyn is an amazing chef! We ventured out into the city and found a great little shoppe called Candyland Cottage with hundreds of retro candy plus Blue Bell ice cream. The shoppe owner there was also very helpful. The town of Rayne is the Frog Capital of the World, and if you take the time to venture out, it is a very cute area filled with frog statues and frog murals. We took over 200 pictures in the area. We cannot wait to return and experience the other cottages on the property. Great job, Lyn and Ken (and Thank you) !!!!!

Room Tip: Sweet Surrender has the heart shaped hot tub and is the largest cottage, but we hope to experience e...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
KINGSVILLE
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband I went to Rayne the week after Christmas to visit his family. This bed and breakfast was very close to his relatives and looked good on line so we decided to stay there. It surpassed all of our expectations by far! The owners were so nice and accomodating, the cottage was on the historical register and we live in a home on the historical register so were very interested in the history, the furnishings were incredible, the breaksfasts out of this world and the setting just beautiful. It sits on a lake surrounded by woods and a facade of like the wild west on the grounds which we found so neat. We had a very hectic holiday season and this is just what we needed to rest and rejuvenate!!!! We hope to make visiting my husband's family an annual event and will certainly stay here.

Room Tip: I only saw our cottage but imagine they are all wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rayne
Best Western Rayne Inn
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lafayette North
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in Scott

Been to Maison D'Memoire Bed & Breakfast Cottages? Share your experiences!