Candyland Cottage & Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Rayne
More attraction details
Owner description: I-10 East exit 87 in small town of Rayne, Lousiana (Frog Capital of the World). Great place for old time candy and home or World's Largest Gummi Bear.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I love this little cottage but it is really a bit pricey. The fudge is very tasty and worth the money but a scoop of Blue Bell should not be as expensive.

There are newer reviews for Candyland Cottage & Ice Cream Shoppe

Reviewed June 15, 2013

2 days ago I went through the drive-thru and ordered my Dad a chocolate malt. I thought it odd that I was the only car in the drive-thru and it still took 15 minutes to make the malt, but I hadn't been inside and couldn't tell if perhaps they were backed up with in-house customers so I went on my way. Dad enjoyed the malt. Yesterday I decided to go INSIDE the store after reading other tripadvisor reviews. The fudge is definitely homemade AND rich but all that I tried (and all that I purchased) were on the gooey side, melting in my fingers and sticking to my napkins. Perhaps it had something to do with the 90 degree + temperature outside which made it warmer than it should have been inside and perhaps their marble slab wasn't as cold as it should have been. In any case, it did not stop ME from eating it but I hope they take note of this review and either allow the candy to set more or keep the slab colder or the store cooler (as I was INSIDE the store and not outside when the candy melted). All told, I purchases 3 hunks of various fudge, a large chocolate shake for my Dad and a couple of pralines and Tabasco Jelly Bellys. When I entered the store there was only ONE other person in front of me. It took 35 MINUTES for that young girl to chop up a couple of pieces of fudge and make a chocolate shake and AFTER she finished ringing up my small purchase, I STILL had to remind the clerk to PLEASE hand me the room temperature fudge still sitting on the scale so I could leave! By the time I walked out there were 5 others waiting (I guess I was lucky to get there before the rush or it could have taken an hour to get that shake for my Dad!) One thing people who come to this VERY charming town needs to remember about Rayne, Lafayette or ANY small town in America...Time is NOT always MONEY and moving quickly is not as important as chatting with their neighbors who come to frequent their businesses! "Quick" service is not "good" service to these type of people so my best advice to ANYONE frustrated over "slow" service is to step back, take a deep breath, and remember sometimes in a small town a SMILE is worth more than the DOLLAR one is willing to spend. **One piece of REAL advice for the store? Get that MARBLE SLAB colder for the fudge & I'll buy more when I make my next bi-monthly trip to Rayne!!**

1  Thank NMC_12
Reviewed June 11, 2013

YUMMMMMMY!!! On our way to another shop we came across the Candyland Cottage....lucky us! Great place to stop from old-time candy that will remind you of your childhood. They also serve Blue Bell Ice Cream, specialty chocolates and FUDGE! We chose FUDGE! Toffee Pecan, Red Velvet, Peanut Butter/Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough! If your in the area you have to stop in! It was a great "treat"!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Young and old alike will enjoy a visit to this establishment. They have an unusual assortment of candies that you do not see on a regular basis.

Many antiques in the store that will catch your eye and interest you.

Ice cream, floats, shakes, sundaes, etc are available, as well as a few salty items.

Be prepared to spend more than you planned. It adds up quickly! If you are going with children you may do best by giving them a set amount to spend beforehand.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great stop for a potty break and to get some sweets. The fudge was delicious! So much candy and ice cream in there, so beware parents! Your kids will want everything in sight!