“Not my favorite Mexican restaurant”
Review of El Paso

El Paso
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Raceland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've eaten at several different Mexican restaurants and this is my least favorite. Well, this place isn't even on my favorites list. The service is good, margaritas are good, chips & salsa are good, but that's about it. I don't like the food at all and I've tried several different things. Beans are okay. Rice is plain. I much rather the La Casa in Larose, LA or La Casa Del Sol in Houma, LA

There are newer reviews for El Paso

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have eaten here many times and each time it is just as good. The atmosphere is friendly as are the waiters. There are a lot of options to choose from on the menu. Today I had the chicken fajitas and they were excellent. There is plenty of food and lots of beans and rice! Almost always I take a togo box home.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had the #4 lunch: beef tostada and beef tamal with rice. Not quite sure of the beef seasoning, but not what I'm used to living in Nevada. The service was okay. A bit slow on the drink refills.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is about as good as it gets in Raceland, Louisiana. There are a few El Pasos in this area and they all are pretty decent. They give you a good amount of Mexican food, margaritas, and all at reasonable prices. You can probably fill up on the chips and various salsas they provide. I tend to always either get the fajitas or a burrito of some choice.

Mexican food (served in America) all tend to be the same things... they give you a protein choice (meat, chicken, or shrimp), put it in some type of flour shell, then add beans rice and the other fixings. Nothing wrong with that.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We eat here often, I get the Ceviche 1/2 shrimp 1/2 fish (tilapia) 75% of the time. It always good and fresh. The service is good and the drinks are good as well. My family loves this place. Salsa and bean dip served before the meal are good as well.