“nice”

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob N
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Port Allen/W Baton Rouge

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had reserved two rooms for one night over a month in advance. At check-in, I had to wait for the lady behind the desk to get off her cell phone to get the room keys. Even though wi-fi was advertised as complimentary, she failed to provide me with the access code; ok, maybe she forgot. However, the real kicker is when we entered the rooms, we were greeted by several 2 inch long cockroaches (dead) on the carpet. I checked out the bathroom--there were at least 5 LARGE cockroaches on the floor there. The second room I reserved had hair on the pillows, and a large dead spider in the bathtub-it looked like it had been smashed with something; have they not though about cleaning that up? The bathroom smelled like someone had kept a wet dog in there for several weeks. The furniture had some type of residue all over it and you could see where someone had made one swipe (either with a rag or hand) through it. If this is how they "clean" their rooms, I'd hate to see their homes and hope they don't have kids becaue they're likely to catch something! We're from the south so we understand there are palmetto bugs, etc., but this was unacceptable. We immediately put our bags back into the car and went to check out. While I waited to give back the room keys, the same lady chatted sweetly with the couple in front of me and offered them wi-fi access codes. When it was my turn, I explained the condition of the room and asked her to cancel the reservation. She said they may charge me a late cancellation charge, but now that I've returned home and checked my account, she charged me full price for both rooms. We had been in the rooms for no more than 10 minutes-that's how dirty they were. Sometimes bargain basement prices get you exactly that--the basement.

Room Tip: Make a reservation on the other side of the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Wow! Where do i begin? Well the attendant was very nice then it all went down hill. I was in town for a graduation. I booked two rooms online and my reservation could not be found.The attendant did her best and found me two rooms very near each other as I had requested. Both rooms had water that was brown with some type of sediment and tasted like metal. In my kids room one their beds was borken and a sharp piece of metal cut one of their legs. Im a nurse so i always have a first aide kit. My remote did not function correctly and my television was very out dated.This stay was NOT well received in the least.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room in advance, please!!! check the water, and call far in advance to confirm your r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

#25 of 78 in Baton Rouge
Comfort Suites Port Allen
Comfort Suites Port Allen
#6 of 12 in Port Allen
Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown

Been to Super 8 Port Allen/W Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!