Super 8 Port Allen/W Baton Rouge
  • Breakfast included
$87
All reviewsinternet signalcomfortable stayoatmealhairdryerlaundry
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Needed something affordable in the area late night. This one was a lot cheaper than pretty much everything else in the area. There are a lot of rooms at this Super 8. My party got 2 rooms both had an odd chemical smell, not too overpowering though. One room reeked of mildew. I called the front desk and they switched the mildew room for us no problem and apologized. Beds were kinda small but overall it was a decent stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Minivanhighway
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Rooms are out of date
Bathrooms are in dire need of repairs
Truck stop next door is loud non stop

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We booked a room for Oct. 31, 2011; one night. The staff person was sitting by a heater with a blanket over her shoulders. She said she was cold?? We stayed in room 169. The floor was dirty. Several worn spots and wholes near the door. The bathroom had white tile and white grout. but you could no longer see the white grout and the tile was filthy. The toilet had not been flushed or cleaned, and therefore had a black ring as a water mark. the bathroom door would not close, handle and knob broken. Basically, the best thing that could happen to this place is for someone to demolish it. The building is beyond its useful life and it looks like there has been very little maintenance for a long period of time. I will not stay there again and after this and other stays a microtels have considered cancelling our Wyndham points membership. We have asked after several stays to have our account brought up to date, but nothing happens.
This is not "sour grapes". I averaged over 200 stays a year at different hotels. This hotel group will not be considered for a stay again.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room here
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jerry995
Reviewed August 2, 2011

You get what you pay for here. Not a ton of frills and a reasonably clean room. We had some trouble checking in and it took a very long time due to some sort of problem they are having with hotels.com. I had to make a phone call to hotels.com to straighten things out. The front desk was accommodating but basically not too thrilled to be dealing with what is apparently an ongoing problem. The breakfast was adequate.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I had stayed in this hotel a couple of times before. It appears to be a former Holiday Inn. We prefer it b/c it's very cheap, quiet, only a couple of exits from LSU football games.

We checked in mid-afternoon and lounged in the room for a couple of hours before an LSU game. I have a habit of always turning a doorknob after walking out of something that I'm trying to lock (home, office, hotel, etc.) When I attempted this with room 271, I was able to open the door! Tried it again multiple times, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. No way was I going to leave my clothes/computer in a room that wasn't locked, so I immediately loaded everything up into my truck and went to the front desk. Asked the clerk to have it fixed by the time we got back. She never really apologized or offered any kind of explanation, but she did quickly assign me a new room.

We got back from the game around midnight and walked past room 271. I looked in to make sure nobody was in there, then attempted to open the door, and the lock had been fixed. Our new room's remote control wasn't working, so I went to the front desk, and a different clerk gave me some batteries. They didn't work either! But it was late and we were tired, so no big deal.

Just a reminder, always make sure the door locks when you're leaving a hotel. You never know when a rogue employee might come in when you're not around. All in all, it's still a decent hotel for the price/location, and I'll likely be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2010