“Would Stay Here Again!”

Quality Inn & Suites Port Allen
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Port Allen
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband & I stayed here on our way to Shreveport, LA. We were exhausted from a long drive & needed a clean, comfortable, cool room. That is exactly what we got. The bed & bathroom were clean, offering all the amenities. They even offer breakfast & a nice pool, but we needed to get on the road & could not enjoy these offerings. The only problem was that they charged us the wrong rate, when brought to their attention they fixed it as best possible.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stareyes13
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Port Allen

Reviewed March 5, 2011

Stayed there last night because the Freeway was JAMMED. Checked in about 9:00 P.M. This is an old Hotel but check in was easy, the room was clean & I was very surprised to find a fridge,microwave & coffee machine. Due to the ah=ge I didn't expect to see them. I never could detect any WiFi, but hey I only stopped because the traffic was stopped.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregless
Reviewed July 23, 2010

The inside of the lobby was nice... Then we got to the room...let's just say the only thing that was even remotely new was the bed...then I called to tell them that there was not hot water and the clerk had the nerve to ask me did I let it run for a while....they never tried to clear it up or anything...there is nothing about this hotel that is worth $100

Reviewed December 8, 2009

The desk clerk that checked us in was wonderful! When we were told how to get to our room, we were a bit confused, this place is like a maze! When we finally got to our room we walked in and an odd smell hit us. We were tired from the trip though, we just overlooked it. The bathroom needs some major work, and the appliances (tv, microwave, coffee pot, and fridge) they looked really old! I myself am a desk clerk at a hotel so I tend to take deeper looks! One thing I can say was the bed was Great!! My husband and I slept all night, which is very uncommon for us in a strange bed. At around 10 AM the next morning we were getting ready to leave and still had our "Do not Disturb" on the door and the housekeepers just walked in! They did not knock or anything!!! Thats what ticked me off the most! Also the fact that the desk clerks refused to put anything else out on the breakfast bar before time for it to be over! I work 7-3 at my hotel and even if I am putting the food up if a guest needs or wants something I give it to them!! Us desk clerks are here to please and make our guests feel welcome! Needless to say other than the desk clerk that checked us in I did not feel welcome!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We had three more hours of interstate travel and the family had to have a place to stop at 11:00PM last night. I wanted to push on, but relented. The clerk priced my wife into a King with sofa bed for $129 per night. The exterior of the hotel was appealing at the lobby, but soon turned third world as we neared our room. Cable for a new TV system or computers was hung off of the building in branching trunks. Sloppy workmanship at it's best. The room was damp and had a strong smell of mold/mildew laying below some strong air freshener odor. Carpets were dirty. The bath was marginal and old. Roaches were killed by us last night and this morning. I'm going to freeze the credit card and demand a reduction from the manager if I can get him on the phone.

Oh, yea. I was outside having a smoke aboug midnight when two prostitutes began knocking two doors down from us. It seems no one there wanted company, so they began hitting on me until they learned I was with my family.

STAY AWAY. Keep driving.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We were in nearby New Roads for a family death. There was some type of construction work going on in that area and every hotel was filled with workers. We finally found a room at the Quality Inn in Port Allen which they gave us for a real "deal" because she was discounting it for only $99.95. What a bargain. The room had a VERY STRONG mildew smell that was horrible. The place was filthy with the bathroom floor the most obvious (see photo). The bathroom floor had not been cleaned for a long time, and the carpet was disgusting. It was ground level and with all of the trucks outside it was very noisy. There was also about an inch gap under the door which let all kinds of bugs in the room (see photo). There also may have been a drain fly infestation. The free breakfast was not edible. We should have slept in the car.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2009

This hotel is only clean in its reception area. And $99 a night as well. Sad.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
#25 of 78 in Baton Rouge
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Port Allen? Share your experiences!