Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge -Port Allen
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Port Allen
Key West, Florida
“Never again”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Arrived last night about 7 pm after driving 10 hours. Checked in to our room, #215, noticed it was a handicap room, not a problem, I was tired. Opened the door to find piles of dirty towels unmade bed, etc. went back down and was reassigned #219. We moved our luggage in, sat down realized tv would not work, called front desk and was told that yes they had problems with the electricity in that's room. We packed back up and moved to #321, unpacked again. Thermostat would not work. Just went to bed. This morning, there is still no heat, no cups with the coffee pot, no bath mat. All this for only $140.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annie F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge -Port Allen, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Annie F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please allow us to apologize for the room accommodations and service you received that did not live up to your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Checked in my room and it had someone's dirty underwear and shirt in the bathroom. The ironing board in the doorway. Someone left a dirty sock under the table and a nasty piece of tissue on the nightstand. I call to the front desk for another room and she said she didnt have any rooms but i could talk to the manager in the morning. I will never ever stay in this hotel again. If your in this area keep going because they dont have good customer service.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge -Port Allen, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear DeLemott,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Longview, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Staff were very accommodating. Front desk, and housekeeping were very friendly after we initiated conversation with them. We asked for privacy during our two night stay and were left alone. The only negative was that the walls in this location are super thin. We could hear other conversations easily, and we have hearing loss. We could also hear the kids running above us, but have children of our own and were able to ignore it. Late check out for priority rewards travelers. Free continental breakfast at this location was amazing! Loved their blueberry muffins and cinnamon rolls. This is an older location that will not be up to par if you have picky standards. You could tell where sloppy touch ups had been done with paint and minor repairs. The shower curtain and sheets had some stains, but were clean. The carpet, walls, and decor were extremely eclectic. We have stayed at nicer hotels for cheaper prices, but if you are looking for a convenient location to the interstate with a friendly staff, this is a good place for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I spent a number of days here recently on business. The hotel is clean, comfortable, quiet and nicely decorated. They offer a very nice hot breakfast and the staff is polite and courteous. The rooms are also very large and I very much enjoyed my stay. The one thing I did not like was the treadmills were broken. Before my trip I read reviews and people had mentioned this back in November of 2012, I though by now, they would be fixed. I inquired about these when I arrived and was told they are still broken. Wouldn't you think the Holiday Inn corporate would expect functioning exercise machines? This was a game changer for me...rent one, buy another one whatever but get one that works or don't advertise an exercise room. This is unexcuseable,

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the main entrance, better view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

First off, I think that $99/night for a Holiday Inn Express is a great rate! I do wish a military discount was available though. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite! We only stopped here to sleep but the room was very clean and the staff was friendly. We were up and leaving the hotel before the breakfast was available (6 a.m.) but the staff was kind enough to get our daughter something to take for the road. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here Thanksgiving night with my three small children. We were all very tired when we arrived. The A/C wasn't working in the room we were given so I called the front desk and the attendant brought keys to another room on the same floor which I really appreciated. My kids also enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast buffet. I will definately stay here again if in the area. Clean rooms and quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here on our drive back from Florida. ...right off freeway....good place to stay especially if driving a uhaul or towing something as next door can use an empty lot we were told.

This hotel is super clean, staff is very friendly ....room is very spacious and nicely appointed. The bed was very comfortable...a really good night's sleep for sure.

couple fast food restaurants within walking distance....and more eat establishments to be had within short driving distance. They do have a complimentary breakfast...

I would recommend without reservations....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 11 in Port Allen
Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown
Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge -Port Allen? Share your experiences!