Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Baton Rouge -Port Allen
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Port Allen
Reviewed November 26, 2012

First off, I think that $99/night for a Holiday Inn Express is a great rate! I do wish a military discount was available though. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite! We only stopped here to sleep but the room was very clean and the staff was friendly. We were up and leaving the hotel before the breakfast was available (6 a.m.) but the staff was kind enough to get our daughter something to take for the road. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here Thanksgiving night with my three small children. We were all very tired when we arrived. The A/C wasn't working in the room we were given so I called the front desk and the attendant brought keys to another room on the same floor which I really appreciated. My kids also enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast buffet. I will definately stay here again if in the area. Clean rooms and quiet atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here on our drive back from Florida. ...right off freeway....good place to stay especially if driving a uhaul or towing something as next door can use an empty lot we were told.

This hotel is super clean, staff is very friendly ....room is very spacious and nicely appointed. The bed was very comfortable...a really good night's sleep for sure.

couple fast food restaurants within walking distance....and more eat establishments to be had within short driving distance. They do have a complimentary breakfast...

I would recommend without reservations....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We arrived at the hotel very late (after midnight) and when we arrived our reservation was cancelled in the system. Luckily the woman working the front desk was very helpful and went out of her way to get our reservation back for the rate we booked it at. The room was clean and all the staff we encountered were friendly, There is a hot buffet breakfast included that is pretty good for no extra charge. Good hotel for the value!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Other reviewers are correct when they say, these rooms are really large and spacious. Plenty of space to spread out, for sure! The bed was comfy, a/c worked well, smelled pleasant, was very clean and in good repair. My only reason for giving this hotel a "very good" instead of an excellent is that the shower experience is very important on my business trips and the water pressure was weak and the water itself was too soft (I hate feeling like I can't get the soap off). Still, there was plenty of hot water and it wasn't the worst shower ever, and I wouldn't let it interfere with me staying at this lovely hotel in the future.

There is just about every fast-food chain known to man within a half a mile in any direction from this hotel. In fact, the KFC/Taco Bell restaurant and the Burger King shared the parking lot area with the hotel... very convenient if you good with fast food. Again, every other fast food chain (McDonalds, Arby's, Subway, Blimpee's Subs, Waffle House, etc.) were right there in the immediate vicinity as well. If you need stores, however, you won't find any on that exit... just fast food, hotels and gas stations really.

All in all, a great stay-- very close to the interstate and just a few miles over the bridge from Downtown Baton Rouge. Super convenient!

The free breakfast and free wi-fi is always a nice bonus as well, as was the microwave in the room (which seems so rare these days). A very good stay and GREAT value for what you pay. :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Property is really nice, the staff is excellent, the rooms are clean. but I am truly disappointed to see that beer and whiskey drinking is allowed at the front enterance. I was under the impression that this was a family hotel.
I dont 'have a problem with people enjoying themselves but move it from the front enterance of the hotel were families have to be exposed to it. It was a nightly experience and very disappointing. We were very uncomfortable coming and going. Could not even look out the window without seeing the alcohol consumption.
Maybe the hotel can put a bench to at the back side of the hotel so the guests that want to consume alcohol can and not expose your guests that don't drink to it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I recently spent three nights in this hotel while visiting family. Very rarely have I had such a large room for the amount of money I spent. What a great room- spacious, nicely decorated, comfortable bed. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff was great. I was visiting family in Baton Rouge near the LSU campus and this was in a location where traffic was minimal and had just a short drive over the bridge to where I needed to be. There was plenty of fast food around. I will definitely stay here next time I travel to the area.

Room Tip: We had a corner room...not sure if that accounts for how large it was.