“This Hotel should be closed to finish the renovation”

Comfort Suites Port Allen
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Port Allen
Scott, Louisiana
“This Hotel should be closed to finish the renovation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We booked here because I read the reviews that said it was okay even though they were currently renovating. There was too much construction going on and I think they should just close the hotel and finish the renovation. When we entered the hotel I immediately smelled old smelling wet carpet smell. It was also in our room. There was garbage in hallways and in elevator. Our room was actually okay except it faced the the parking lot and the curtains wouldn't close so I am not sure how you would keep the light out when you slept. We actually checked out because once we unpacked our son wanted to use the pool and we found out it was closed. We asked for a refund and they were nice about it. We left and went to another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
djpatel06, Manager at Comfort Suites Port Allen, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay at Comfort Suites in Port Allen. I understand the issues that you had during your stay. During the time of your stay, we were in the process of upgrading our corridors with new wall paint and repairs. I do want to let you know that we are 95% complete with the wall corridor upgrades and want to apologize again for the inconvenience you had during that time. I can assure you, the the upgrades will be complete 100% in the next day and wanted you to please consider staying with us again. I can assure you will be very impressed with the property after the completion of our renovation. If you do have any additional questions or concerns, please do contact myself at the hotel.

Sincerely
Comfort Suites
Port Allen, La

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel is currently being renovated. The room I stayed in had a recent makeover. Very clean and comfy room with a king bed, desk, couch, fridge, microwave and flat screen tv. The room is a decent size so that you don't feel like you are in a box. It has free wifi which is a plus. The parking lot is well lit. Front desk staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling east or west on I 10. Close to LSU and shopping. I found the price to be very reasonable. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
I want to thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites in Port Allen. During our renovation, we try to make it clear with all of our staff, as well as the subcontractors working on the upgrades to please be as quiet, clean, and efficient as possible during this time. We are 95% complete with our public upgrades and i can assure you will be very impressed once all of our public areas as well as are room upgrades are completed. When you are in the Baton Rouge area, please do stay with us again. If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself at the hotel.

Sincerely
Comfort Suites
Port Allen, LA
Baton Rouge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Rude staff and not enough breakfast for everyone but all in all an average place to stay. Close to many fast food options and within a 7 minute drive to LSU Tiger Stadium. Easy access to I-10 and Hwy 190. Was the quietest hotel I have stayed in Baton Rouge area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
djpatel06, General Manager at Comfort Suites Port Allen, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I do want to apologize for the rudeness of our staff during your stay. I have met with the individuals working during your stay and informed them of your issue. I can assure you, this will not happen again. Other than the the staff issue, we are pleased that your stay was quiet and comfortable.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the hotel and ask for the General Manager and i will be glad to assist you.

Thanks again for staying with us and hope you give our staff another chance.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

my husband and I are truck drivers and we haul oversize loads, so we stay in hotels about 85% of the time, and this is by far one of the BEST HOTELS we have EVER stayed in. the employees are GREAT, rooms are clean, the only negative i have is the breakfast wasn't that great, we went over to the waffle house, but EVERYTHING else is AMAZING!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is the last time I trust a motel chain to provide a clean room before it is inspected. The room I checked into had mold around the entrance door on the inside near the top left corner, mold in the bathroom around both light fixtures, mold around the bathroom door...........does the chain ever do a surprise inspection ?????? Buying an RV is looking better and better all the time

Room Tip: inspect the room before you accept it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Port Allen hotels

crystal lake IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Had I read the prior review I wouldn't have even considered this place. I tried to check in late and the night auditor denied my reservation and tried to upsell me to a different room. These people don't seem to know what they are doing. Apparently a guaranteed reservation is not a guaranteed reservation here. Plan your trip so you don't stay here. There is a saying "Any port in a storm" -Just make sure it is not Port Allen Comfort Inn.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
#21 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Sleep Inn South
Sleep Inn South
#27 of 77 in Baton Rouge

Been to Comfort Suites Port Allen? Share your experiences!