“BBQ out / in the Room ??? then Mgn is not concerned ??[--]”

Motel 6 Baton Rouge-Port Allen
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Port Allen
NorthAmerican
“BBQ out / in the Room ??? then Mgn is not concerned ??[--]”
Reviewed August 3, 2008

While the room was clean enough, towels were missing and were not going to be found. But the worst of it was when another party decided to cook dinner on the walkway of the second floor, adjacent to our room. This began somewhere around 7:30 pm and the coals went on smoking well into the night. The smoke alarm in the offending room continued to sound off and on through the night as well. The toxic fumes came into our room, causing our eyes to sting and making breathing difficult. When a complaint went to the front desk, we were advised that other than telling them to stop, not much could be done. As time went by, things did not improve, and the property Manager made a call to the culprits. We were advised that BBQs were not allowed anywhere except the back parking lot. The culprits said that they were going to move, but we chose to move (10:10 PM)to a smoking room far away from their BBQ (we prefer non-smoking, but we could not stand it in our room anymore). All in all, no one seemed to be taking a hard hand in enforcing the fire rules, and as of 10:30 pm, the culprits had not moved the offending BBQ away. Odd, because as a dog friendly hotel, they reserve the right to kick you out if your dog does not behave....why not the humans, too??

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pensacola, Fl.
Reviewed October 23, 2007

We were going to stay 3 nights, only stayed 1 though. The first night was ok. Then the next morning we had to move to a different room because we needed a microwave and fridge. They finally found a room for us and it was nasty we were going to stay because we had just been in an accident and had no transportation, but I got to looking around and behind the television was a busted crack pipe. Well, upon further inspection I also discovered the shower was dirty, the fan in the bathroom was hanging out of the wall, there was no cover on the light in the kitchen or the smoke detector. One of the outlets was cracked and there was grease on the wall in the kitchen. Avoid this place at all costs. Not to mention there was some creepy guy in the parking lot that kept staring at me and my husband. Go across the bridge and stay over that way.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Port Allen hotels

Flagler Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2007

I unfortunately didn't get a chance to read a review before staying here for the night.

It was a waste of my time and money. I have stayed at other places of the highway/freeway and never had problems being kept awake all night. By the time I finally fell asleep it was near time for my alarm (that I supplied) to go off. I think an airport was near by too.

I chose this place cause it was cheap and allowed pets. Big mistake! I was traveling east and wish I would have passed Port Allen altogether. I stopped at most of the places asking wireless internet? and pet friendly? I don't think they know what routers are in Port Allen so I opted for cheap and of course pet friendly.

I also recommend avoiding Arby's. No salads, milkshake machine was down, only 3 packets of Arby sauce per sandwich and no napkins.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Noise Noise Noise
  • Stayed September 2007
Valdosta, GA
Reviewed July 18, 2007

We stayed at this hotel one night on a cross-country trip with animals. Our primary objective was a pet-friendly hotel close to the freeway, and this was the most reasonably priced option we could find.

We should have paid more for a better hotel. The other guests were screaming and shouting until past 3 am, and I did NOT feel at all safe in this complex. The wall were so thin we could hear exactly what they were saying, and without getting graphic, I'll just say this is not a family friendly hotel. There was a light outside the room shining in through the curtains all night long, the bed was tiny, and the door lock did not function properly. I wanted to leave at 1 am and just keep on driving, rather than try to sleep in that place. As it was, I got about 3 hours of total sleep that night, and I had to drive 600 miles the next day.

On a positive note, we met the manager on check-in, and he was exceptionally friendly and gave us good driving directions and information about the area. We ordered pizza and it arrived quickly from the delivery company advertised on the key cards. We did not see any restaurants in the area.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
alexandriawilliams22
Reviewed June 4, 2007

I was very upset with my vist at Motel 6 Port Allen location.When I arrived at the Hotel I notice that the room did not have any towels so I ask the front desk for some, I was told that the housekeeper was not available and that she did not have the keys to the towel room. I went to the front office this morning and ask for the manager. I was told that I could speak to one at a later time. The front desk clerk told me that I should be use to being at this motel with no towels it should be nothing new. I stated I was a first time guest. She replied well what is the big deal so I had to wash my face with tissue paper this is sad and should be stop.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — No towels
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank alexandriawilliams22
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2006

The only problems I had during the stay were that the key-card machine wasn't working (therefore, maintenance man had to let my family into the room) and there was mold in the bathroom. Otherwise, the rest of the room was relatively clean. Motel staff was polite and responsive to my requests and questions about the local area. There were a lot of vacanies in the motel the night my family stayed. The morning coffee tasted horrible.
For two double beds, the room was very small. I would not stay there longer than one night, as my family did.
On a side note, avoid the Domino's Pizza at this exit - management there was quite rude (won't accept any coupons and hemmed/hawwed over accepting a NATIONAL promotion) and it was the worst Domino's I've ever eaten.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — Mold in the bathroom - yuck!
  • Tips/Secrets — It's a Motel 6, not a Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Comfort Suites Port Allen
#6 of 11 in Port Allen
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center

Been to Motel 6 Baton Rouge-Port Allen? Share your experiences!