While the room was clean enough, towels were missing and were not going to be found. But the worst of it was when another party decided to cook dinner on the walkway of the second floor, adjacent to our room. This began somewhere around 7:30 pm and the coals went on smoking well into the night. The smoke alarm in the offending room continued to sound off and on through the night as well. The toxic fumes came into our room, causing our eyes to sting and making breathing difficult. When a complaint went to the front desk, we were advised that other than telling them to stop, not much could be done. As time went by, things did not improve, and the property Manager made a call to the culprits. We were advised that BBQs were not allowed anywhere except the back parking lot. The culprits said that they were going to move, but we chose to move (10:10 PM)to a smoking room far away from their BBQ (we prefer non-smoking, but we could not stand it in our room anymore). All in all, no one seemed to be taking a hard hand in enforcing the fire rules, and as of 10:30 pm, the culprits had not moved the offending BBQ away. Odd, because as a dog friendly hotel, they reserve the right to kick you out if your dog does not behave....why not the humans, too??
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Motel-6, Travelocity, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Motel 6 Baton Rouge-Port Allen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.