“Needs some improvments on certain areas.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Port Allen

Red Roof Inn Port Allen
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Port Allen
Opelousas, Louisiana, United States
“Needs some improvments on certain areas.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Well,thé problem areas ,we notoiced was,tap water quality was Poor,service to room was Poor.needed more bath items,has to go pick up at front desk ur self.and thé breakfast in the morning was God horrible,its was just nasty.and not much to chose from.no soap,not enough towels. Thé icebox wasnt cold.running hot.not good.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
magnusonhotelportall, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Port Allen, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for pointing out some maintenance issues and other failings at our hotel. We’re involved in a continuous improvement process and have addressed many of those issues already, but I apologize for falling short of your expectations. Our goal is for all guests to be completely satisfied, and we are nearly meeting that goal now. You will be most welcome on any return visits and find a much better experience.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed here for first time recently--its actually pretty convenient to the center of Baton Rouge even though it's across the river. Fairly new renovation and quiet. Had no real problems or complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind words. I’m very pleased that you found a pleasant experience at our convenient location. We strive to provide the very best possible combination of value and convenience, and I’m glad we fully met your needs. We look forward to having you with us again when your travels bring you to this area.

Hotel Manager
Atlanta, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The rooms is beautiful! The housekeeper did a very good job cleaning my room and made sure that I had towels daily. The young lady at the front desk Ms. Delisha was very delightful! She found me a room and she was very nice. She made me feel welcome while I was there. When I would pass through the lobby she would smile and say hello and hold a short conversation with me! This trip was great!!!

Room Tip: I loved the view from the 2nd floor!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Amiller11
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was unfortunately lost and stumbled across this hotel. I was aggravated and very tired. When I entered the doors I was greeted with a warm smile and a helpful voice. The clerk name was Yolonda and she had no rooms available. She tried to help me find a hotel but there was not one in the area. A guest checked out early and his room was available but housekeeping was gone. She went and cleaned my room and saved the day. That type of devoted employee is what is needed in the workforce today. The hotel was nice and clean but what will make me come again and tell others is that personal caring touch of the employee. I wish I could've talked her in to working for me but she said she had the best people to work for and that's why she goes above and beyond for her guest. So I would suggest you come and try the hospitality of this hotel and enjoy the stay. I will return again.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the fitness facility.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ronald o
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Small sign and entrance road tricky to find at night when exiting the freeway. Knowing it is next to Raceway gas would help. Spacious clean room, sofa and king bed. Bed was comfortable, room quiet other than road noise. This was easily covered up by the fan of the heater/air conditioner. Flat screen TV was good, Wi-Fi was strong, personnel were all very friendly. The breakfast was good with some hot options but no fruit. Outside entry to each room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I recently stayed at Magnuson hotel in Port Allen and I had the best experience. There was a young lady name Yolanda who went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant. She found me and my husband a place to eat and all the surrounding parades. She was a pleasure and I hope her boss knows she is a keeper. I will return to that nice hotel and the best hotel host I've encountered.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great place, very clean. Small Casino right next door. they have penny slots. Beer is cheaper when you play..lol. Pulled off highway there just too tired. Room was very good. Gas station next door has booze.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate
Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge Downtown
Hotel Indigo Baton Rouge Downtown Riverfront

Been to Red Roof Inn Port Allen? Share your experiences!