Red Roof Inn Port Allen - LSU
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswaffle housefront deskthree weeksgas stationrecommend this hotelright next doorclean roomsenjoyed our staystaff was very friendlynew orleansmariawalmarthousekeeperportjobhighwaylouisiana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It was a cold and stormy night when I pulled in to this oasis of warmth and light. There are other cheaper hotels in Port Allen but if you want good solid Wi-Fi and strong cellular signal this is the place for you. Breakfast was good and the adjacent filling station has an extensive convenience store. Next to the filling station, across the side street is a Waffle House.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
magnusonhotelportall, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Port Allen - LSU, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel. I appreciate your loyalty and I'm glad that you have had such positive experiences. I'm glad you have enjoyed our breakfast, Wi-Fi , as well our optimal location.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please let me know what we can do make your future visits even more memorable.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

They DO NOT have non-smoking rooms! Even though your reservation might indicate it, the rooms are not non-smoking, they have only been treated with the "smoke spray" that wears off after you turn on the A/C (we moved from 205 and still had a toxic room 210). The tub was nasty and had been resurfaced several times (different peeling layers). We all chose to wait until we got back home to shower. The beds were comfy, but the sheets had cigarette burn holes in them. We only chose to stay because the room was already paid for through Expedia. I have stayed at cheaper hotels with better rooms. If you are considering this hotel, please reconsider.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HoustonFamilyofThree
Sal M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Port Allen - LSU, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

I am very sorry for the bad experience. Your comments are very helpful to train our housekeeping and maintenance teams. We will make sure all issues are corrected immediately.
When you are back in town please contact me directly so I can make sure we make it right for you.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Room looked like it had been recently remodeled. Everything was clean and in good shape. We missed the breakfast; it only went until 9:00. Front desk was friendly. Room looked like it had been recently remodeled. Everything was clean and in good shape. We missed the breakfast; it only went until 9:00. Front desk was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sal M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Port Allen - LSU, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

We appreciate your comments. We are here to serve you.
Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel was a great value after an awful experience at the Super 8. I was so happy to check-in to the Magnuson. There is a Waffle House, Subway and Walmart within walking distance of the hotel. Not to mention the rooms are all well furnished and breakfast in the hotel is good if you get up early.

Room Tip: Get up early if you want the Hotel's Breakfast
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Sal M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Port Allen - LSU, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

We thank you very much for the kind comments. Our team works very hard to make sure you are satisfied with our service.
Please visit us again when you are back in town.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

This was my second stay here at this hotel. The price has gone up about 20.00 per night since last stay and this property has become the local contractors hotel. With all that said it is still a newly remodled hotel it is clean and fresh from head to toe. Price point even with the increase in price is still fair for the area even though there is a comfort suites for less money a mile away I choose to come back here THIS time not so sure about the next time

I read the review about the breakfast not being up to par and saw the mgr reply saying it was upgraded I was looking foward to that!!! I'm here to tell you that this couldn't be farther from the truth waffles and cereal a few donuts and toast no syrup, juice machine was empty, milk spoiled ect ect for 80.00 per night they need to do better then this

If breakfast is not a big deal to you I would still recommend this hotel it is clean new and for the most part relaxing even though I did have some noisy neighbors it's hard to lay blame on the hotel it's self

I'd love to see this hotel go back to it's pricing from a few months back and TRULY upgrade the breakfast

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank jscott918
HotelGUYFU, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Port Allen - LSU, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank You for the comments we have made the conversion of our breakfast and we think you will see a big change, We welcome you back to discover the difference.