Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge/Port Allen
  • Pool
Average 3/5
    Ed's Motel(Port Allen)
    View Hotel
    All reviewsbaton rougewonderful hotelmississippi rivergreat place to stayfast foodnext morningeasy accessbusiness tripwonderful staffwe've stayedfront desk stafffitness centerbusiness centerwould definitely stay here againnice roomcomplimentary breakfastenjoyed my stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed February 15, 2013

I tend to be a creature of habit, once I find a good thing I stick with it, That is why I stay at this hotel. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. They go out of their way to help you with your stay at their hotel. The young lady in the breakfast area named Nicki is very friendly and nice to everyone. She seems to always have a smile on her face as does all of the staff. She keeps the food hot and plentiful and the area extra clean. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the business I visit and close to Baton Rouge for entertainment. In just a 15 minute drive you can be at the Mall of Louisiana a huge shopping center and many, many restaurants with wonderful food selections. My favorite is Ralph and Kakoo's if you enjoy seafood and Cajun food.

Room Tip: I always stay on the first floor, easy access to breakfast area and parking lots. I like the west end of the building as it has closer parking for end of the building. If your profile is on file as a Hilton Honors member they try to match your desires.
    • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is new and very clean. I styed in a suite and was the most comfort I have ever had. The staff was friendly and Mr. Quinn had all the rooms ready upon arrival. I plan to stay here when a visit this area again.

Room Tip: The continential breakfast was really a full breakfst.
    • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed February 1, 2013

This particular Hampton Inn is popular with utility workers and truckers. The staff cater nicely to these hard working people by offering free beer and hot snacks in the breakfast room, primarily because there is not much nearby other than a Burger King and a few other chain style fast food joints.

The rooms are very clean, Breakfast was hot and plentiful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed October 26, 2012

I never write reviews of a place unless I have strong feelings about it one way or another, and in this instance I am so pleased with the experience, so just had to share. My Husband Travels for work all the time, and at times we get to go on the road with him. From the moment we checked in we were greeted with wonderful smiles and all the help that we could want. My son has special needs, so they went over and above the call of duty to make sure that we were well taken care of. We are not affiliated with this Hotel and no one we know works there, we are just normal everyday people that travel, so this is an honest review of just a great experience that we had. From the Business Class Executive to the Working Man, to a Family looking to Travel, to a simple overnight stay, to a long stay, this really is a nice Hotel. The rooms are Clean and equipped with everything that a person could want and the Staff is fabulous, from the Front Office Staff to the Kitchen Staff all the way to Housekeeping. Dennis the General Manager is at the Hotel almost everyday and is just the nicest and most helpful GM I have ever seen, they usually are not even around, and he is, and it shows. They have a delicious morning breakfast, with the nicest staff, Nicki is just a sweetheart. Easy access to many fun things to do around Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: All the Rooms seem great. We had Worker's from my Husband's Company stay in a different type of room than us. and it was just as nice.
    • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
    Reviewed October 14, 2012

After reading the reviews, we would like to not only "ditto" but add that it is apparent that the entire staff is influenced by Dennis's charm and hospitality. From the first time we met Chanel, we knew we had chosen the right place for our frequent visits to Baton Rouge for the football games. We have decided to make this Hampton Inn our home away from home when we visit our original home town

The room is exceedingly comfortable, and the cleaning staff do a superb job. But, as the saying goes, it's all about "location, location, location"...this is the perfect place to stay for easy access and exit from the lovely city of Baton Rouge...whether you are coming for a ball game, business or whatever...this staff knows how to treat you!

BTW...much easier than dealing with the horrific traffic in BR on the line of competitors on Constitution Ave!!

Thanks again!
    MaryEtta and Robert Wood

Room Tip: Just let Chanel, or Myesha or any of the front deskers know what your needs are, and they will fix you up!
    • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple