“Best hotel in the area.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge/Port Allen
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Port Allen
Kenner, Louisiana
“Best hotel in the area.”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great staff and great management. Wouldn't stay any where else when working in the Baton Rouge area. They also have a really good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pakenham, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting Baton Rouge. This hotel is across the bridge and approx. 10 minutes from the downtown center.
it is a very nice and modern hotel with a better than average free breakfast.
The rooms are well appointed and the beds are comfortable
The Visitors Welcome Center is right next door for information.
There is a nice, small walking park in the back property, and a Waffle House is a ten minute walk down the street.
This hotel is a much better price than one in downtown Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: There is really nothing to do in Port Allen - a few fast food restaurants, or the Old Sugar Mill tou...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
chardon,ohio
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The hotel was clean, quiet and good location. There was no where to eat except fast food, so plan ahead.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Clean, helpful, quiet, this was a wonderful hotel. The King Suite was spacious and there was a mini fridge.

The only negative for me was the fact that I didn't have a car and the surrounding restaurants are all fast food. The surrounding area is a little sketchy for walking at night, otherwise I would have tried Bergereon's, which comes highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This Hampton is a little hard to get to thefirst time but the place is well worth the effort. The staff is very nice and check in is quick and accurate.
This is a newer hotel and it is very clean and since it is about 500 yards from I-10 it is very quiet. I stay here anytime I am in the Baton Rouge area.
The breakfast is standard Hampton fare but the eating area is well stocked and very clean.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
VA
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I always expect a high level of service when I stay at Hilton hotels. I was disappointed from the moment I entered my first room. There were kids running up and down the halls and I could hear them inside their rooms. I called the front desk and asked if I could change to a different floor. The reception staff was very helpful and got me a room on the 4th floor. As soon as I entered the room I noticed that my shoes were making a sucking sound just like a soda slicked movie theater. When I looked in the bathroom I noticed there were urine stains still on the rim of the toilet. I notified the reception staff and she did offer to service the room but I was tired and just wanted to get something to eat and sleep for the long drive the next day. I created a towel path so that I could walk without shoes and immediately regretted it when I noticed an unknown substance between the two beds in the room. It appeared to be dried mud and grass. I wonder if the room was vacuumed. Before going to bed I showered and noticed the previous guest’s hair on the corner rim of the tub. Jumping out of the shower and heading for one of the two queen beds in the room I discovered that the fitted sheet was missing from the bed I had chosen. Luckily there were two and number two appeared to be properly made, though I can't be certain the sheets were actually changed because by this point I was thinking I needed a biohazard suit just like on the commercial.

The night staff did give me a choice of gift cards for several different restaurants for my inconvenience. I don't blame the staff on duty but housekeeping at this hotel sucks. I will make it a point to change my reservations for the return trip in March.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before unpacking. Stay off the 4th floor. Even though there are non-smoking rooms y...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jlmursch
alabaster
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This was a nice clean place to stay. We have been there twice and been pleased both times.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
#3 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge/Port Allen? Share your experiences!