“Expect something different”

Bergeron's Boudin & Cajun Meats & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Port Allen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Lunch in a cedar shack with daily changing blue plate dishes served in Styrofoam and plastic silver. You will be dining with oil workers and construction types as well as police officers and the occasional business type. You will not see tourists here.

You will find return customers that know this is a great place along the path of unpretentious restaurants that serve affordable and delicious food. Don't miss the connected market which is full of oddities that I would cook at home if I lived in the area.

2  Thank GoingSumwr

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Love their chicken patties! Great for on the go. Highly recommend their BBQ on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

When you want specialty meats this is the place. Steaks are great, bacon wrapped chicken, jalapeno stuffed with pork and bacon wrapped. They have fresh and frozen items. Meat pies and stuffed pistolettes ready to eat.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

On our way back from FL to TX we were looking for boudin & fresh gulf shrimp. I'm so glad this was the place we chose. I will make sure to come back everytime I pass through here. Its right off the interstate, exit 151. Drive down the street & its next to the dollar store.

I was very pleased to see this is where the locals shop. I cooked the red bean gumbo I bought there last night & it was amazing. I called today to see if they ship their food. They said no but they are working on it. I also had the crawfish pie pirouette. I only bought one. Next time I will get at least a half dozen. It soooo good!

3  Thank brooke23
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I'm working a project in Port Allen, and one of my coworkers took me to Bergeron's for my first visit. The restaurant is connected to a take out counter and meat market, which features almost everything you'll need to prepare Louisiana cuisine, boudin, alligator meat, mud bugs (crawdads), and many, many other things. The restaurant is bare bones, and you order from the menu on the wall behind the counter. They have specials for every day of the week, and other menu items which take time to prepare. If you order one of the specials, they already have it pre-packed in a Styrofoam container. My order was one of the specials, it included chicken tenders with melted swiss, and the container had a small salad, some great black eyed peas, a roll, and a scoop of really tasty rice with crawdads. Everything was good, and I would revisit Bergerons. If you're in the area, it's worth your time.

1  Thank misterblutarsky