“22 out of 24 in our group enjoyed their food”

Taste Of Bavaria Restaurant & Bakery
Cuisines: American, European, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Louisiana
“22 out of 24 in our group enjoyed their food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We took a motorcycle ride to eat at Taste of Bavaria. There is a gravel parking area, but we managed to park the bikes on the grass and not have any problems. They were very accommodating for our large group and placed us in the backroom. It was warm, so they put the AC unit on for us. We only had one waitress and she managed us very well. I had the Monte Cristo sandwich and it was wonderful! My husband had the Ruben and he said it was one of the best he has had. My mom was not happy with her choice, except the brat was awesome, the rest was very bland in flavor. She also ordered the almond pastry I could eat a whole tray of those goodies. The bathroom and really the whole building needs some renovations, but if you can look past that and focus on the food it is great. We also purchased to go some bake good, the bread was dense and not to try. I didn't know they sliced the bread, that would have been a good thing to tell me when I purchased it. The pastries are worth the drive back over there. They were nice to split the bill up for us when we checked out. The food didn't come out all at the same time, but it was only about 10 minutes between the time the first and the last meal came out. When we were leaving there were a ton of bubble bees everywhere, maybe this was a seasonal thing??? No one was stung or bothered by the bees. We will go visit again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank cataws

“A must visit while in town...”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Perfect - Quaint and Delicious. Friendly staff. The food is authentic and freshly made. Loved the bakery items. We took some to go!

2 Thank lrvictory
independence, LA
“Charming and cultural”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I enjoyed going here. Almost had a feel of being inGermany or Bavaria. The food was delicious looking forward to going back.

1 Thank Trista B
baton rouge, la
“Not bad not great”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went there to eat German food for the first time. We had the Wiener Schnitzel and the mixed grill. I dont know what I was expecting but I was expecting something flavorful and tasty. I think People who like German food will enjoy it, but those of us who want something with a little more kick will go somewhere else. I do hear that the breakfast is delicious though.

• Visited February 2013
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
“Quaint with Quality”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

A taste of Bavaria in the middle of the bayous is quite a treat for the locals and visitors! I love their strudels and pastries. The quality of fruit and creams are rich in flavor and refreshing. The breakfast hits the spot with the fresh cut fruit. Whichever you select, it'll be something different from the local Cajun cooking!
The service is always for friendly and intimate- like they've known you forever! Very accommodating! It is kinda pricey, but it's well worth it because of the quality of ingredients and how they make it with love :)

• Visited November 2012