“A gem among less expensive hotels”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ponchatoula/Hammond
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ponchatoula
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A gem among less expensive hotels”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

From the cheerful check-in, to my promise to write of my delightful experience at this motel, this was the best stay I've experienced in years. I travel a few times a year, and I tend to shop for the cheaper end of motels when I stay somewhere. That saves me money, but usually leaves me sorry about the hotel. This was a rare exception. The location seems new, clean and well maintained. All of the staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Breakfast was great (not the usual coffee, pastries and cereal that I find most often), and included hot and cold cereal options, fresh made waffles, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, juice and more. The lobby contains a computer and printer where I was able to download a document and print a hard copy. The parking lot felt safe and I didn't have a single complaint about the stay. I would definitely return to this location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Amy T, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ponchatoula/Hammond, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Larry,
Thank you so much for saying such nice words about our hotel. I am so fortunate to have such a great staff who care so much about our customers and their stay. We are always looking for ways to improve breakfast and always upgrading the hotel.
We hope to see you again if your in Ponchatoula!
Amy T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good for a nights stay on the road. Clean and well designed and at a reasonable price this hotel works.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thanks Craig for the great review. We hope to see you if your in Ponchatoula again!
Amy T
Memphis
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Reason for lowered rating is our friends traveling with us were charged for missing wash cloths and towels they did not take. On 3rd call to property on 3rd day after it was discovered I was able to speak to the manager and she did remove the charges. I feel like the house keeping staff got the room number confused or something.
We have always enjoyed staying here and found the staff to be helpful, and the facilities clean. Location is close enough to the interstate to be handy. It is also back off the street so makes for a quiet stay.
I feel like I will be able to post another review with better results in the future. We do plan to return to this property and will have the staff inspect our room before departure!

Room Tip: Have attendant come check your room before you check out and leave the property. This will avoid an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Amy T, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ponchatoula/Hammond, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Donald,
We appreciate your business and you bringing your friends to our hotel. In order for us to be price competitive and have quality towels, Our house keepers are required to count towels upon entering any room. Unfortunately, sometimes people accidentally take towels home and then sometimes they intentionally take them. This drives the room cost up. Thanks again and We look forward to seeing your next group in June!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponchatoula
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond
#8 of 17 in Hammond
Comfort Inn Hammond
Comfort Inn Hammond
#3 of 17 in Hammond

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ponchatoula/Hammond? Share your experiences!