“Dishonest staff”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pineville
educator2
“Dishonest staff”
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I checked the hotel in Pineville Louisiana on line and was given a good rate I call the hotel, was given the same rate, I explained I need to rent a cot for that particular room the clerk said not a problem, for ten dollars a night. When I arrived I was told I could not rent a cot for the room because of fire codes. Understandable, however that was not what I was told over the phone. Upon check out I was given a higher rate because there were three people in the room. I explained, when I checked rates on line I stated how many people would be in the room and was given a lower rate.(I was also told they would not charge my credit card, another lie, my card was swiped at an even higher rate.}The person on duty, when I arrived knew exactly how many people would be in the room.She gave me the online price. The female at the desk stopped servicing another customer to tell me I had to pay more because of fire codes. ridiculous!!! She also stated the online service does not know the correct prices inspite of the advertisement stated "gauranteed rates online" false advertisement for sure. She also seemed annoyed that I was there, however she need not worry I will never reccoment nor stay in this hotel again..................

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank educator2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
East Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We had a family reunion in Pineville and, based on hotel reviews, this seemed like the best place to stay in the area. We bid on Priceline and got two rooms for $77 each. (Keep in mind this is the only 2½ star hotel in Pineville, so when you name your own price, choose the 2½ star hotel option.....that's it!) Each room had 2 queen beds. Everything looked clean, except a place on the inside of one bathroom door near the bottom hinge...something had gotten splashed on it...ink, blood, paint??? I don't know what it was. The tub actually drained, which is rare in a hotel. Their breakfast was good. They serve biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, eggs, and waffles, along with the normal pastries, fruit and juice. There's always an attendant there to help you and keep the area stocked. Their attendants cook the waffles, which probably keeps the waffle irons from getting torn up. I must mention Mr. Alfred. He was the attendant on Labor Day morning. He was SO nice and friendly and helpful. Usually you just see people doing their job and nothing else, but he had a WONDERFUL attitude and just seemed bright and happy down in his soul. Apparently we're not the only ones who liked him. There's a section on the wall where different groups have sent pictures and notes to him, most of them saying "Thank you Mr. Alfred!" Everyone at this hotel was friendly, we had no problems, parking was adequate, hotel was easy to find. We would stay here again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Julious
League City, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Country Inn and Suites is probably the newest Pineville hotel, but it is, in my opinion, overpriced for the area. Housekeeping does an adequate job in cleaning; however, the tubs are not well sealed. I had a room in May with visible mold under the clear caulk and the tub leaked on my most recent trip which could have easily resulted in a fall had we not noticed the puddle.
The beds are comfortable and pool is fine.
The breakfast attendants are awesome. They are friendly and do a great job filling waffle orders and keeping the buffet well stocked and the area clean.
I will stay there again and will recommend the hotel because there are so few hotels in the area.
Warning:
I booked my room on Hotels.com because the rate was $18 less than on the hotel site. I had confirmation for a king room two weeks in advance, but had to settle for two queens. The manager told me that they had no kings available.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank papasponies
Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2009

This was our first experience with this hotel chain and found the vist extremely enjoyable. We were passing through town on our way to New Orleans so we were there only for the night. We arrived at approximately 12:30 am and the desk attendant was very friendly and accomodating. The beds and room were comfortable. Everything was clean and visually appealing. The continental breakfast was surprising as it had items found on most full breakfasts including eggs, sausage, etc. although these items did need to be heated up in the microwave. This was a very minor inconvenience in the whole picture. The only real negative was the attendant at the breakfast seemed flustered during the peak breakfast time but as it slowed down he became much more personable and very accomodating and was overall a pleasure to talk with.

This hotel is a short drive from Alexandria and considering the wide range of reviews for hotels in the area, this is a much better and safer option. The hotel is a short drive to the major highways to get you to New Orleans or Shreveport and well worth the extra 5-10 minutes from Alexandria.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank magicandbird
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2009

Check in fastest I've ever experienced. Great cookies. Front desk called to see if we needed anything and immediately brought up requests. Suite has 2 Q, full sofa bed, 2 chairs, desk, desk chair, 2 tvs, and 2 closets. Large bathroom. Comfy beds. Clean! Above average free breakfast with an attendant to help.

What sets it apart from other hotels (even 5 star) - OVERHEAD lighting in all parts of suite including a bathroom where you can actually see to apply make up, 2 dressing areas, 2 closets, free internet, free toiletries including razors, toothpaste, etc., large rooms, and maid service before the afternoon.

Easy, 10 minute trip to Johnny Downs soccer complex. Very helpful sales manager -Sarah- when blocking rooms for our team. She actually called me back - a rare find in sales managers in my experience.

25 minutes from Lake Coitle. 10 minutes from downtown Alexandria. 1 hr. from Natchitoches.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingfamily5
Louisiana
Reviewed March 2, 2009

If you get Casey or Tiffany at the front desk, your stay should start great. Both these girls did an awesome job for us.
MVP award goes to Tammy. Tammy handled the continental breakfast area with the precision of a drill Sargent. She cook every waffle our family requested and she got our hot food too. At first I didn't like her waiting on me because I like to take care of myself. But when I realized how much she genuinely cared about doing her job, it was a joy to watch her work.
As a pilot, I travel all over the country. I grow weary of not being able to have a conversation with the cleaning staff. Not here! Everybody spoke my native language...ENGLISH!. I commend the hotel for paying attention to this very frustrating trend. Kudos!
The only thing I would change? Put a sign on the shuttle van so the people being picked up at eh airport will know it is the hotel van. and ask the driver to be more diligent about keeping it clean. (IE. Hide the can of "Off bug spray behind the driver seat.)
There is a new hotel across the river in Alexandria that I might have considered, however, even though it is also a new building, the staff reviews were poor. At least they were as of Jan 2009 when I booked 10 rooms for the wedding.
Alexandria and Pineville is not a large population area. Most of the hotels on McAurthur Drive are old and nasty looking from the street. Do yourself a favor and stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank kdocter
Reviewed December 6, 2008

Our first time experience with a Country Inn Suites was above average. The CIS we stayed at is located outside of Alexandria, La in the quiet community of Pineville La. , the area felt very safe.
The entire staff was very friendly. Fresh baked cookies awaited us when we checked for the night.
We choose Los Portales, a mexican restaurant in the area for dinner that night. The food was very good and the price was moderate.
Our complimentry breakfast, which included fresh baked waffles was prepared by a wonderful, happy gentleman that made sure all our needs were met.
The room was very clean and bedding was clean and confortable.
Would recommand anyone to stay at this Suites that does not mind leaving the interstate to find a great place to stay.

• Liked — clean condition of the overall inn. Friendly staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank FYITEXAS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Comfort Suites Alexandria
#2 of 4 in Pineville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Alexandria
Best Western Of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pineville? Share your experiences!