Sleep Inn & Suites
$76
CandlewoodSuites
$72
BestWestern.com
All reviewsone night stayroom was cleanwould stay here againalexandriawake
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a Double Bed room. The beds were very comfortable and I got a good nights sleep. The shower curtain had mold on it. The breakfast was no good. They did have a waffle maker and we made waffles one morning. The next morning we went out for breakfast. We asked for extra towels the next morning because we have 3 small children staying in our room and 4 towels wasn't enough. They told us we had to bring them our dirty towels to the front desk. The swimming pool was ok. Our remote didn't work to the tv. We asked and got more batteries from the front desk but it didn't seem to help.

1  Thank taressw
Reviewed July 30, 2013

When checking in, Jackie seemed like it was a bother to check us in. We were checking in on choice Points. Choice Hotels says that as a member you can request a 2 pm check out. I requested a 2 pm check out when making reservations. When checking in, Jackie said no that I would have to talk to the GM about it and she would not be in until 9 or 9:30 the next morning. Also it was a truck parked under the porteche all afternoon in the fire line. I figured this was Jackie's truck. The room was clean except for a filthy toilet. The bed was comfortable. The room only had one chair and that was a desk chair. For breakfast don't expect what you see on Sleep Inn's commercial. The sign said open at 6, so after 6, I asked the attendant if it was okay to go in there. She said she would open it up, which she did. Breakfast consist of waffles, patty sausage, oranges, apples, sweet rolls, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, yogurt, boiled eggs, and juice if the machine works. My grand daughter wanted apple juice and the machine said refill. I had to go get the breakfast attendant and tell her. She came opened the machine and did something and closed it back with out checking anything else. We got about 3 ounces out and it went back to refill. The next guests that wanted apple juice was not able to get any. I asked the Front Desk Attendant again about a 2 pm check out and he said he could only give me a 12:00 check out. I told him about the Choice web site and he was not interested in hearing it. We checked out at 10:15 and he asked me then didn't I want the late check out. I did not respond. They just seem like an unfriendly bunch of folks..

5  Thank Skamper73
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was the only available room due to a convention in town. We only stayed one night, had room with 2 double beds. I have to say the beds were comfortable and the bathroom spacious enough for all the junk 2 women bring along! I found the customer service to be lacking...very indifferent when we checked in and the next morning when we started to go down to leave, their was no one at the front desk, the phone was ringing off the hook, the front doors were propped open and I think the reception person was outside smoking (not certain of that, but my guess). The other thing we didn't like was that breakfast is only served until 9:00, even on the weekend which was not convenient for us...we rushed down about 15 min. until 9:00 and at exactly 9 the girl started picking everything up and took the coffee out to the lobby! I mean everything was going away so we felt terribly rushed and NOT relaxed and it was obvious we were disrupting her routine! Most places I've stay have the breakfast bar open until 10 or 10:30 on weekends. Sleep-Inn...get with the program and cater to your guests a little better!

4  Thank Jharrisco
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel to attend a funeral in Pineville. I was surprised at how expensive hotels are in this little town, I chose this hotel based upon price and location. It wasn't cheap, but a few dollars less than a hotel right across the street that had similar ratings.
Check in was smooth, nice customer service. The room was large and clean. The bed was super comfortable and the amenities were fine. (shampoo, lotion, soap, mini fridge, microwave).
There was an indoor pool and hot tub which we didn't use.
Breakfast consisted of waffles, sausage, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, bagels, toast, pastries, coffee and juice. Better than the average continental breakfast with plenty of space in the breakfast area.
All in all I thought this was a great choice. Some family stayed at the other hotel across the street....and I can say for sure it was not nearly as nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I decided to stay here because I got a pretty decent rate and am a member of their rewards club. I needed a check out later than 11 AM, but was told at check in that it is their policy to not offer late check out, contrary to the Choice Hotels website. I got a king room and the amenities were just as described. My only issue other than no late check out was that our room had a moldy shower curtain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple