“Unhappy stay”

Days Inn Pineville LA
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pineville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
BATON ROUGE
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Bathroom was covered in Mold and the shower head was hanging so far out of the wall that I had to bend down to wash my hair. The bedroom itself was dirty and the refrigerator unit had bugs on it. Also this is a motel so the rooms open to the outside and thus it's very noisy. Swimming pool is filled in with red dirt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

New Llano, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I rented a suite while my husband, who is serving in Korea, was home on leave. We arrived on 5-18-12 after 3 pm. Check in was very easy. My husband questioned the "dirty" look of the backside of the motel, but it is against a line of trees, so I didn't put much thought into it. Our suite (which is really a room with a hottub in it) was on the ground floor, in the corner. We had to turn sideways to get between the ice/coke machine to open the door to the room. The mildew odor and oppressive heat rolled out into the breezeway. There were cracker crumbs on the bed and floor, there was a roach on the bedside table, and hair in the tub. The floors felt sticky (think Coke being spilled on the carpet) The bottom mattress appeared old and had a huge rip about 2' long (I can only imagine the things lurking inside) I was appalled. I really wanted to check out and drive home, but my husband went to the desk and made a complaint. When we returned about 930pm, the room had been re-cleaned, someone sprayed super clean air freshener, and it appeared better. We stayed, but I didn't sleep due to the proximity of the ice machine being in the door, and lots of ice chests being filled up at 2am. I will never stay there again, and I will NOT recommend this place to anyone. They did refund us $16 for our "inconvenience" which was laughable. I still paid $225 for a really crappy room. I will go down to the Country Inns and Suites, next time.

Room Tip: Always ask where the ice machine is...make sure it isn't in your doorway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Houma, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This was the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in my life. We pulled the covers off of the bed and a roach fell out. We rented 7 rooms for a softball team, and were appauled at the conditions of the rooms. We paid $72.00 a night. Days Inn should have paid us to stay at this terrible hotel. I went to the local Wal-mart and bought my own pillows and blankets and slept in my clothes, because I was so afraid what might crawl on me. Shame on you Days Inn for supporting an establishment like this with your name.

Donna Clement (Houma, LA)

Room Tip: Do not stay at this location is my tip to you!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Donna C
la.
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed there on 2-11-12. I had seen the reviews but I took a chance and stopped in. We were upstairs in a nonsmoking room with two beds. It was very clean. The bed is my thing so the bed was nice and white. Carpet was clean. The room we stayed in was quiet..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Good service and pleasant environment. Everyone was nice and helpful

• Stayed August 2011
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I got to the motel at 8pm. No one was at the front desk. I rang the 'service' bell and waited, I rang the bell again and waited. Finally, I decided to use my cell phone and call the motel while standing at the front desk. It rang and rang and rang until my cell phone disconnected the call due to no answer. I tried calling again, and this time I finally got an answer. I told the lady that answered the phone that I was at the front desk wanting to check in. She came right in the same door I had entered. She apologied and said she was checking on the room of another guest. She appeared to have been sleeping. When I finally got to my room, it was hot, musty smelling and dirty. Some of the lamps did not work and the toliet would not flush. I sat down at the desk, glanced around the room and saw a giagantic roach staring by at me! It was then, that I went back to the front desk, demanded a refund and left. This place needs lots of improvement.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank CCDaigle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pineville
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 24 in Alexandria
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#17 of 24 in Alexandria

Been to Days Inn Pineville LA? Share your experiences!