Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Came down on short notice, and found a room at this hotel. Great staff, wonderful breakfast and very good cleaning staff! First time in a Microtel, and it was wonderful!

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had 3 rooms and they were great! The Location for the surrounding area is right on! It has a big competition to compete with the Slidell area. Appropriate for the shorter stay and overnights. Nieghboring town is only 3 1/2 miles away with anything the area is short of. Surrounding businesses and people are very friendly and the staff was very courtious.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
1  Thank RUSSELL W
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had a work crew working in the Kenner area...due to the hurricane I had to move them further from their work place. I found a room on line at this location. The hotel looked very clean and relatively new. I booked two rooms, one for one night and another for 10 days. My crews do not travel with forms of payment, which requires me to fax a credit card in advance of their stay. When the credit card form would not go through on their fax, I called the hotel to verify the fax number. At that time, I was told my reservations had been cancelled because I had not sent the form.....I had booked the room not even 10 minutes prior to that. I was told that I would have to go on line to book the rooms again. I kindly told the gal at the desk that I have NEVER had this happen before and she needed to reinstate the reservation....she then put the manager on the phone that told me that because my credit card declined (complete lie with over $100,000 limit on this corporate card) that they cancelled my reservation. When I told him that it was a lie, he then backed his story that he had cancelled it because he had not recieved my credit card authorization....which I told him that I had booked it 10 minutes ago and I had called to verify the number....he hung up on me! In the eight years that I have done travel for this company, I have never had service like that. When I went back to look at the rooms on line, thinking that the true reason he had cancelled it was because they did not have the rooms....I saw that the price had increased by $30 a night. I booked my crew somewhere else and would urge anyone interested in this location to beware!! It appears that taking care of the customer is not their top priority.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I checked in on July 11, 2012 and stayed through August 7, 2012 and was asked to leave because I complained. In one room the bath tub did not drained and we had to fix it outselves. In another room that we stayed in, we notice that the furniture was dusty with water circles, and when we returned from an afternoon outing the sheet was not changed after going green for 3 days; immediately we were moved and from there the Manager wanted us gone. In closing, we notice there was no males to help the maids. The Guest Services was very nosy and a bit pity. The guest has no kind of privacy. The "business center" is right at the door where everyone can see what you're doing. The Maids are very lazy except for Luz this young woman does it all cleaning inside as well as outside. In my opinion they treat her like Cindrella and the one black employee who lasted one week thus woman can clean; you can tell when she been in the room. On another note, don't leave anything in the rooms not even a tooth brush, because they will do anything to get you out of there. If the Owner don't step in, this hotel will go down in the next five years. The Manager has no training he's just a bully with everyone even the guest.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a newer facility so still very clean. Very friendly front desk staff and morning breakfast staff also. Continental breakfast with some hot options. Small fitness center with nice equipment. The rooms are smaller than a traditional hotel room and they have used a more European approach to saving space by utilizing areas that would go unused in a more traditional hotel room (ex. drawers under sleeping areas). There was an additional sitting/sleeping area under the window which saved the space a couch would normally use. Flat screen wall mounted TV, normal size bathroom. The only thing I did notice was the presence of hallway noise and noise from the floor above me. Although I did wonder if the people above me had children running around because it was more than normal moving around noise. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was extremly clean and nice. It is in a great location. Just hop on interstate and go. Easy drive into New Orleans. Great resturants close by. Pecks seafood one exit up is the best.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Recently my handicap wife stayed there with a friend.She left her very expensive therapeutic pillow there. She called back and they had it, we sent a self addressed box to them and they sent it to us. Now that's good service. Highly recommended.
K.Harper Rayville,LA.

Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune
Holiday Inn Express Slidell Northwest
Best Western Plus Slidell Inn

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell? Share your experiences!