Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a newer facility so still very clean. Very friendly front desk staff and morning breakfast staff also. Continental breakfast with some hot options. Small fitness center with nice equipment. The rooms are smaller than a traditional hotel room and they have used a more European approach to saving space by utilizing areas that would go unused in a more traditional hotel room (ex. drawers under sleeping areas). There was an additional sitting/sleeping area under the window which saved the space a couch would normally use. Flat screen wall mounted TV, normal size bathroom. The only thing I did notice was the presence of hallway noise and noise from the floor above me. Although I did wonder if the people above me had children running around because it was more than normal moving around noise. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was extremly clean and nice. It is in a great location. Just hop on interstate and go. Easy drive into New Orleans. Great resturants close by. Pecks seafood one exit up is the best.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Recently my handicap wife stayed there with a friend.She left her very expensive therapeutic pillow there. She called back and they had it, we sent a self addressed box to them and they sent it to us. Now that's good service. Highly recommended.
K.Harper Rayville,LA.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My daughter and I were traveling from Pa. to Texas with our dog and spent one night on our travels. Janice at the front desk upgraded my room from one queen to two queen. We had a room on the first floor next to the rear entrance. This was a delightful place, as the Inn is only a couple of years old and tastefully decorated. I was pretty tired, so I just walked next door to the Subway and picked up a couple of subs. Also, there is a to-go frozen drink place. I did not realize you can purchase a mixed drink and just walk back to your room. Needless to say, I slept well. The electronics in the room are all new. You get free wifi, long distance and a good breakfast. The one tip I can give you is when you go to breakfast look for the omelet lady who stands off to the side and will fix you an omelet. I did not see her until after I ate breakfast, so get a good omelet. Also, if you do travel with pets they have a pet walk area equipped with poop bags and a receptacle with was nice.

Room Tip: They actually have rooms for light sleepers and the disabled. I thought that was nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The room was beautiful and spotless with nice ammenities. The main problem was the cellular and wifi reception. I didn't have wifi the entire time I was there and callers on my cell couldn't hear me. I didn't have this problem on my previous stay. This will probably be a factor in deciding whether to stay here again. The hotel was very quiet and the staff was sweet but if you don't check out at 11 on the dot housekeeping will come up to put you out! But they were nice about it though :) But this was also an issue for me last time because 11 is not the best time for me and they don't offer late checkout. But I suppose that is how it is with most hotels. But yes, I would recommend this hotel if reception is not a concern for you and you'll have no issues checking out at 11.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Well pleased. The lady that checked us in was really good. The lady that worked the 11PM - 7AM could use a little adjustment. Breakfast was good and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: First floor..
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Great place to stop while traveling along I 10 or needing reasonably priced accomodations...just 40 miles from New Orleans this is a good place if the in town places are booked. I booked the room at $44 and it cost $50 with taxes. This was a full $30 savings on the nights stay and only 3 miles off I10.

I got a room with 2 queens. Flat screen tv, in room coffee or tea. Fridge. Safe. Hair dryer. Fast elevator, too.Only toiletry was soap but they have other things by request. I had forgotten toothpaste and thy gave me a couple of single serve packets.
My room was very clean and so was the hallway and lobby.
Typical hotel breakfast was included...coffee, juice, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, waffels, toast...all tasty and everything was clean and stocked.
Somehow, while booking on net, I booked an accessible room...but the clerk checked if I needed it because they like to save those rooms for those who need them...that was nice. She got me another room just as good. They have a room for a deaf person...it was next door and I took a photo. I never saw this before!
Very nice clerk. May I say I felt safe here as a woman travelling alone.
You get more than you pay for here so it is a great value.

Room Tip: Third floor was quite
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl River
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Slidell-New Orleans East, LA
Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune
Holiday Inn Express Slidell Northwest
Best Western Plus Slidell Inn

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell? Share your experiences!