“New but a bit sterile”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pearl River
Maitland, Australia
“New but a bit sterile”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I liked it. Brand spanking new and clean. I picked this place as being the closest Hotel to Stennis Space Centre. I took my family there ready for a fresh start for Stennis the next day. It seemed that most tennants wore reflective vests and were road workers. We braved the gas-stenched walk to the Subway at the colocated gas station, and the Indian owners were very accomodating as we tried to interpret the US Subway menu based on our knowledge of Subway in Australia. A young lady handled our reservation and she seemed to lack knowledge of the system she was using. However her customer skills were exceptional and she kept us informed the whole way until her issue was resolved. We were given the disabled room on the first floor and the shower spat water everywhere. But we ate well, slept sound, showered (and dried) well, and were happy with the whole experience. My kids just wished I'd picked a Hotel with a pool. I left happy and well fed by the breakfest buffet, although it was pretty sparse, but I'd gladly go there again if I had to visit Stennis.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have stayed at this property three times and I have had a problem. The front desk acted like family to me (Lisa). I heard she was gone so now I don't know who I will harrass. This hotel provided everything we would need in a hotel and was childrren oriented in many ways except there was no swimming pool and this is a minus for the property. The staff is great, the rooms are great and it is in a great location for rest a relaxation. I will continue to stay with Microtel Inn and Suites Pearl River. My family resides in Slidelll and it is close to them.

Room Tip: Just ask for a comfortable room.
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Booked the day we were traveling to New Orleans and had no issues whatsoever. It was our first stay in Microtel and I'd return. Hotel was clean and quiet, right off the highway with a gas station/convenience store and daquiri store right next door, but that is about the only thing real close. Very new and a great deal for the price. I travel a lot for work and stay in very nice hotels, so this was a pleasant surprise for the cheap price. They even gave us a late checkout. Would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 15, 2011

The really nice front desk agent named Micah was extremely friendly and smiley. I enjoy after being in a car for 13 hours coming into to someone who is friendly and gives me that welcoming feeling.

Hotel was great... I used my Corp Wyndham rate and got it for like $63 bucks... Flat screen Tv on the wall, nice work area, comfy beds.

The only thing negative to say is that the towels are small and thin... other than that... was a great stay. Will def. use this hotel for my "midway" overnight stops while traveling to Houston.

Thanks Again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I have stayed here several times in the past 6 months for business and have had no issues but this time was a nightmare, For some reason the staff has no idea what they are doing. I was told by a clerk that they were understaffed and not properly trained. This hotel has been opeded since last May and apparently the staff turnover rate is ridiculous.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
LATWOOD1, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
We did have several new employees when you stayed at our facility and I can assure you that they are all well trained. I would love the opportunity to be your choice of lodging for next trip in our area.
We are very proud of our staff and their abilities to make our guest feel welcome and comfortable.
Give us a call so that we can book your next reservation 877-827-8441.

Sincerely;
Lisa M. Atwood
Sales Manager
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We checked in to a beautifully and modernly decorated room! The whole room, beds, bathroom were all super clean!! This is a pet friendly facitily but to be honest, we snuck our pooch in, or wo we thought! LOL! The sweet lady, upon checkout, busted us but didn't charge us the $25.00 fee since we have a well behaved and completely potty trained dog who doesn't shed! We will stay here again on any return trips!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
MIcrotelprGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell, responded to this review, December 27, 2010
Thank you for your kind words. The staff and I are proud of our hotel and this validates our work! We look forward to serving you in the future.
Gonzales, Louisiana
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel was amazingly clean and the staff was overly helpful. The room was equivalent to higher priced hotels. We stayed one night for a soccer tournament and had a very early game in the morning. They accommodated us by setting up the breakfast an hour early so that our boys could get fed. There was plenty to choose from. I would definitely stay here again, as well as trying other Microtels.

• Stayed October 2010
MIcrotelprGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Thank you for your kind words. The staff works hard to make things as comfortable and as close to home as possible. Hope that we are able to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl River
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell
Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Best Western Plus Slidell Inn
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Slidell-New Orleans East
Comfort Inn & Suites Slidell
Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pearl River/Slidell? Share your experiences!