“very good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

we visited early afternoon on a Monday and were the only diners in the place. seven people had two courses each for a tenner. couldn't fault it, generous portions , everything tasty, everything perfectly cooked and piping hot, accompanying veg was fresh and steamed as opposed to the tasteless frozen variety .The waitresses were friendly and attentive. pub food prices but better than average on quality.

1 Thank dave j
john e, Manager at Rivington Pub and Grill, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review,we appreciate your custom and hope to see you at the rivington pub and grill very soon

California
“Nice pub lunch with good service”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was formerly the Ridgeway Bar and Grill. This is a very nice place for lunch, the restaurant has a lot of windows overlooking the bowling green (bring your own balls if you want to play). The table settings and furniture were very nice. They have good beer on tap including a local brew. The food was very good although or group of six only had the gammon and the fish and chips. The menu had a lot of good option from starters, classical English pub food and Italian. The service was attentive but relaxed and we were allowed to take our time. Definitely would recommend

1 Thank Geoffrey D
john e, Owner at Rivington Pub and Grill, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Bolton, United Kingdom
“quite good”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had a nice meal there today with my friend, but why a 20% vat charge on top of the bill, a bit naughty I think !!

1 Thank boydell1945
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Dreadful Attitude”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Visited this establishment today at 4.00pm. The restaurant was half empty at least and when I asked for a table, a waitress told ( not asked) me to sit down and wait while they prepared a table (I could see at least 4 tables that were ready). After being totally ignored for 15 minutes, the waitress asked one of the waiters if she could seat us; he dismissively waved his arm at me and said to the waitress (quite loudly) "not them, them!" gesturing with his arm at another couple. At no time did anyone give us any idea of how long we would have to wait, offer us a drink wile we waited or even acknowledge our existence. After being ignored for another 15 minutes, we left. Will most definitely not return and will advise friends not to visit either. There is NO excuse for this ignorant attitude.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank StuntBunny
Manchester, United Kingdom
“bad food and lousy service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I never thought I'd ever eat at a place that charges £6.95 for Sunday lunch and end up feeling overcharged. Waited ages for a table, surly manager couldn't care less, when the food finally arrived it was more or less inedible: slabs of tough, overcooked beef reheated in something brown which I can only presume was gravy, dry roast spuds and broccoli I couldn't get my fork into.

They have a "just ask for more" offer on the menu. Personally I'd regard that as more of a threat than a promise!

I wouldn't eat here again.

Visited June 2014