“Pleasant and Attentive Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel

Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackrod
England, United Kingdom
“Pleasant and Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here for the night with my son and was totally impressed by the manner and nature of all members of staff who we encountered. From the receptionists through to the domestic staff they were all very helpful.

Hotel itself is a little misleading in that the rooms are not in a Georgian House as described at all! The house just forms a small part of the hotel and the rooms are actually in the main block that was probably built in the 80s/90s? However, they were comfortable and clean, that's all that matters.

Food was adequate and the breakfast buffet very good value. Only minor moan I have was that there was a Christmas party/disco taking place in a function room that went on until 1am and could be heard from my room.

Other than that, the place is really good value for money and I would return.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a function on and if so, request a room that is not above the function suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear John

Many thanks once again for you kind words and taking the time to feedback to us.

My team often log on to tripadvisor to read what our customers think and I am sure they will read this with a sense of pride.

Once again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Eric Spencer-Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was my second visit to the Georgian House Hotel near Bolton and my room this time was larger than my first visit. The rooms have been excellent and, whilst the bathroom fittings are looking dated, they are maintained and scrupulously clean. An earlier reviewer complained about the water pressure in the shower and I can confirm that it is not exactly a raging torrent but then neither is it an inadequate trickle either. I don't spend all my stay in the hotel shower so I can't get too upset by this! The reception staff are delightful and the breakfast staff couldn't have been more helpful and attentive. There is a large bar area with TVs but I didn't get to use the pool so I couldn't comment. Parking is easy and there are plenty of spaces. An excellent experience, again, for a seasoned traveller.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Omnissolutions

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor as we embody all feedback with a view it aids us to constantly move forward.
It is always great to receive such positive feedback, and I will share your nice comments with the team, I did note your comment about the bathroom and I will share this feedback with our owners with a view this can be part of our next wave of ongoing investment.

Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Room was poor with dead flies on the window ledge, and the bathroom in urgent need of update.
Didn't use the leisure facilities but they look ok.
Breakfast was very nice, although they seemed very understaffed, and you struggled to get someone's attention to get a cup of coffee.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Bluem00ner

We are in the early stages of being part of the Mercure brand and as we speak a large amount of investment is being planned and implemented and I am sure this investment would be reflected in the next review should you give us an opportunity in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

nice clean hotel .....bar food was nice...freshly cooked and piping hot....efficient receptionists..check in and check out...the room..no 886. warm...comfy bed...tv etc....bathroom ??... not so welcoming... some mouldy tiles...very poor shower pressure...looks unfinished...no tiles apart from around the bath...a bit cold and unwelcoming compared to the rest of this hotel.... would i stay again... yes...definetley

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Paul

It is always great to receive positive feedback, and I will share your nice comments with the team, I did note your comment about the bathroom and I will share this feedback with our owners with a view this can be part of our next wave of investment.

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We only stayed one night and as were were meeting friends we did not eat any meals. The pool is not very large but overall very clean and pleasant, good parking, quiet even though there were 2 weddings. We were given a room on the top floor in the loft area. But it was big enough, clean and quiet. Good TV and tea,coffee etc. About 1 mile from the Reebok and very close to the motorway. Downside drinks pricey, bar area a bit bleak and we did not find a lounge area but there were 2 parties so maybe the lounge was somewhere.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room prepared to walk a couple of minutes to the reception then go for the top f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Middleton70

It is always great to receive positive feedback, and I will share your nice comments with the team, I did note your comment about the bar prices and I will share this feedback with the companies food and beverage comity who set and agree the prices

lacazio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Booked this place, primarily, as it had been well received on trip advisor and my other half enjoys a swim and sauna. I found the room to be fine for my needs ie get a good sleep and a shower etc but a little disappointed we only got one set of towels. Also could not get the wifi to work anywhere in the hotel. Maybe if I asked these things would have been sorted so I will take some of the blame.
The pool area, gym and sauna were all very accessible the times we used them and never too busy.
Drink is expensive so don't plan to have a great night at the bar unless you have more money than sense, although to be fair I suspect this is the norm for hotels.
The breakfast buffet is good too, I normally don't eat much in the morning but managed to have a lovely cooked breakfast each morning.
The staff in all areas were very welcoming and attentive and I am sure they would have sorted my little niggles if I bothered to mention them.
I would have no problems recommending this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear lacazio

It is always great to receive positive feedback, and I will share your nice comments with the team, Our WIFI system is new and I will investigate why this was ineffective durring your stay

Eric Spencer-Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackrod
Bolton Whites Hotel
Holiday Inn Bolton Centre
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton

Been to Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!