“Great Hotel, clean, good value”

Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackrod
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We only stayed one night and as were were meeting friends we did not eat any meals. The pool is not very large but overall very clean and pleasant, good parking, quiet even though there were 2 weddings. We were given a room on the top floor in the loft area. But it was big enough, clean and quiet. Good TV and tea,coffee etc. About 1 mile from the Reebok and very close to the motorway. Downside drinks pricey, bar area a bit bleak and we did not find a lounge area but there were 2 parties so maybe the lounge was somewhere.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room prepared to walk a couple of minutes to the reception then go for the top f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Middleton70

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor as we embody all feedback with a view it aids us to constantly move forward.
It is always great to receive positive feedback, and I will share your nice comments with the team, I did note your comment about the bar prices and I will share this feedback with the companies food and beverage comity who set and agree the prices

There are newer reviews for Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Booked this place, primarily, as it had been well received on trip advisor and my other half enjoys a swim and sauna. I found the room to be fine for my needs ie get a good sleep and a shower etc but a little disappointed we only got one set of towels. Also could not get the wifi to work anywhere in the hotel. Maybe if I asked these things would have been sorted so I will take some of the blame.
The pool area, gym and sauna were all very accessible the times we used them and never too busy.
Drink is expensive so don't plan to have a great night at the bar unless you have more money than sense, although to be fair I suspect this is the norm for hotels.
The breakfast buffet is good too, I normally don't eat much in the morning but managed to have a lovely cooked breakfast each morning.
The staff in all areas were very welcoming and attentive and I am sure they would have sorted my little niggles if I bothered to mention them.
I would have no problems recommending this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear lacazio

It is always great to receive positive feedback, and I will share your nice comments with the team, Our WIFI system is new and I will investigate why this was ineffective durring your stay

Reviewed November 25, 2013

It began so well. Welcoming, efficient staff on Reception, a clean, comfortable room with two armchairs (always a good point for us). We went downstairs to the lounge area to meet friends who had already arrived, and ordered a coffee and a pot of tea from the bar. After a quarter of an hour I went looking for them to no avail, then my wife tried and after thirty minutes in all the order was finally delivered to our table only three or four steps from the bar.
The following morning the selection for a continental breakfast included neither ham nor cheese, and the assorted pastries amounted to one croissant and three of four pains au chocolat. The croissant was stale. I tried the cooked breakfast; the scrambled egg was so overcooked that it was reduced to a dry crumb texture.
We were glad to get in the car and leave.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear payasoru

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, I have shared your comments with the team who were as I a little taken aback by your comments as this is not inkeeping with our normal level of service.

Being Part of the Mercure brand cold Meats and Cheeses are a key part of our breakfast which we offer on the breakfast menu along with such Items as Eggs Benedict and kippers etc, these items are freshly prepared and delivered on request to ensure the upmost quality, it is with regret clarity was not given on this occasion.

I do hope my responce aids you when staying in a Mercure hotel in the future, once again many thanks for reviewing us on Tripadvisor

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Easy to find, staff very friendly and helpful, room was comfortable and the water was piping hot,food was very good. Generally the atmosphere was very relaxing,I would stay here again if in the area! Plenty of parking at the back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Porius9

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed herewith my husband (who was on business) and our 6 & 4 year old boys. We stayed in a ground floor family room. My husband checked in on a Monday, with myself and the children arriving on the Friday and all checking out the following Tuesday.

Our room was very spacious with 2 double beds and a sofa bed. The bathroom was also a good size. The bed was huge and very comfy. The maids did a fantastic job each day as my boys made a fair bit of mess.

The food was delicious. We had room service 1 night and ate in the lounge another night. Portions where large and although a bit pricey not more than I would expect. Breakfast was nice and well staffed, though I was surprised there was no black pudding, what with being in lancashire.

My husband says the gym is good and I found the pool area very nice. The guy on duty on the day we went swimming was brilliant as our youngest broke a golden rule and ran, ending up slipping and hurting his head.

There was only 2 minor downsides, 1 was each day we returned our key card didn't seem to work so had to head back to reception to get it fixed. 2 was on the Saturday our next door neighbors where a group of young guys who rolled in rather loudly at 2.15, though it was the nights the clocks went back so felt like 3.15. Not the best move putting a group of lads in a 'family' room.

Overall a brilliant stay

Stayed: October 2013
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear alnwick_lass84

It is always great to receive positive feedback, and I will share your nice comments with the team, I was very disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by the guests next door as this is something we normally manage well. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel and provide you with another enjoyable but more tranquil experience.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

stayed here for a night dinner bed and breakfast via a red letter voucher. on the whole a nice stay, room clean, not very spacious but fine, some parts of hotel need a bit of an upgrade to décor etc, slightly dated. staff seem very attentive, if a little slow at dinner, the dinner room is quite sparse and not very restaurant like, but the food was really lovely. Again good choice at breakfast but very slow staff, especially with the tea and coffee. swimming pool area is very nice too.

Room Tip: we had third floor, was nice to be able to keep window open at night as very warm in room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Thomas W

It is always great to receive positive feedback, and I will share your nice comments about the food with the Chef

We are in the early stages of being part of the Mercure brand and as we speak a large amount of investment is being planned and implemented and I am sure this investment would be reflected in the next review should you give us an opportunity in the future.

Once again many thanks for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards

General Manager.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a good business hotel to stay in if you are traveling in the NW. Clean and well kept with a good breakfast buffet.

Don't be fooled by the "Georgian" title most of the accommodation is in modern, lodge style blocks. A conference venue not a wedding venue really.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear hazy_amersham

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Bolton Georgian House on Trip Advisor.

It is always great to receive positive feedback and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Kind Regards

General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackrod
Bolton Whites Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#9 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street

Been to Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!