“Pete and Repeat”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackrod
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Pete and Repeat”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stay here whenever I visit my UK distributor. Time to give props...great property, bar, WI FI location.

I wish they offered more than a traditional English Breakfast. We Americans like our Omlettes...I am tomatoed out :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Senorluz1
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Senorluz1,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on Trip Advisor about our stay with us. I am always delighted to read such good reviews.

Be assured that although we do not advertise Omellettes on he Breakfast Menu, the Kitchen Team would be more than happy to do them for breakfast you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Eric Spencer-Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed one night- good facilities- pool etc, food and service very good; breakfast was excellent. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful and considerate .Appearance of hotel spoilt when you drive out by broken fencing showing unkempt area of ground with pile of discarded tyres etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew B
Dear Andrew B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive comments on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Mercure Bolton Georgian House.

I will pass on your comments to the team, whom I am sure will also be pleased with your feedback.

In regards to the wall at the back of the Hotel, we are in the process of having the wall repaired and are waiting on contractors.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Bolton Georgian House again soon.

Tavira, Portugal
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We had booked a superior room, which put us on the top floor. We didn't think the "superior" just meant higher up!!! The bed was only just about big enough to be a double. We complained, and were moved to the first floor and a reasonable sized room with a decent bed. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Stuart B
Dear Stuart B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Bolton Georgian House on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and the Team was proactive in dealing with your issues.

Many Thanks for your review and look forward to you returning to the hotel again soon.

Colchester
Reviewed April 18, 2013

After a very good all round stay in Room 770 10 days or so earlier (3-5 April) this stay 14-15 April in Room 892 was a disappointment. The room is in the attic and a odd shape and no sofa. One window was filthy (maybe a problem with access at this height) and the full length curtains on both windows covered the radiator under each window which is daft as does not let warmth out. If the radiator valve on one radiator was set above 2 there was an enormous graunching screech and had to be turned down. The keyboard to use with on-TV internet was dead so no internet by this means. The TV was so far away from the bed that the TV remote was out of range from the bed. My burger served in the bar was overdone and leathery but when mentioned to the delightful Irene she was most apologetic and organised a free drink. Irene's people and customer relations skills are excellent and she should be running the hotel (she probably does !!). Breakfasts on both visits were very good but why no black pudding - this is Lancashire !?. I mentioned the radiator valve and keyboard to reception on checkout. Can I have Room 770 back next time?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank Ribblevisitor
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear ribblevisitor,

I thank you for your constructive feedback, to which I will review with the team, and I will obviously pass on to your feedback to Irene Harper, who I know will be really pleased with your feedback.

By all means, please feel free to contact me directly the next time your are booking a room, and I will allocate room 770 to you if it is available.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night and also attended a conference here the next day. Check in was fast and pleasant, we went to the restaurant for dinner which was lovely. The person I travelled with is a celiac but the waitress was really good and checked with the chef to make sure he could cook what she wanted the way she needed to have it-I thought it was brilliant that they were so accommodating. Breakfast the next day was also really good with plenty of choice.

The room was huge and just what I expected really (although it was a little cold!)

The reception staff were really friendly and helpful with ordering taxis etc, I'd definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emsworth89
Dear Emsworth89,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Bolton Georgian House on Trip Advisor, it is always a pleasure to receive good feedback.

Its always great to see that the team have gone the extra mile to make your stay special. I have passed your comments on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

London
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I travelled with a group,of friends, visiting the area for a family celebration. On our arrival we received a warm welcome from the staff and allocated rooms swiftly. At first glance the room was fine. Clean and airy, although very warm. That said, we had a large window which we were able to open wide as we were in the loft. The bar made a great meeting place and we used this several times. The bar staff were very friendly, particularly Irene, who went out of her way to look after us. However, as mentioned in a previous review it was sometimes difficult to get the right drinks and we were often served one drink at a time! The one major downside was the mattresses, in all our rooms. One of our friends had to ask if a duvet could be put under the sheet as she and her husband had spent the first night with springs sticking into her. Our bed was not as bad but made a terrible noise when you moved. Clearly this is not the first time that this has been mentioned to the management and I would have expected that an organisation the size of the Mercure would have rectified this more swiftly, being aware of the problem. A real shame as this spoils an otherwise really pleasant hotel.

Room Tip: Check the mattress before you unpack!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SunbunniesLondon
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear SunbunniesLondon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel on Trip Advisor. Whilst I was obviously disappointed with some of your feedback, I fully take on board your comments and will use them effectively.

However, I am glad that you recognised the team, who are an absolutely credit to us, in particular Irene, whom I know will be delighted with your comments, and still appreciates them after 25 years of service here.

We are in the process of renewing our beds, however I will review the ones you used, and priortise them if neccessary.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was the second time this year I have stayed at this hotel and I just can't find fault. The staff are amazingly friendly and attentive and was shocked to discover they remembered me from my previous trip at the start of the year. The evening meals and breakfast were excellent and all served with a large slice of friendliness. I stayed in room 321 which had an ample size bathroom with an assortment of toiletries, corner suite, large wide screen TV with Internet and a very large comfortable bed. The only possible criticism would be that the room was facing the main road although noise was minimal and certainly did not effect my nights sleep. I intend to visit friends in the area over the course of the coming year and will look no further than this wonderful hotel for use as a base. A big than you to all the staff and the hotel manager Eric for making my stay this weekend so pleasurable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Neil M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Bolton Georgian House on Trip Advisor, its always a pleasure to receive such great feedback.

I have shared your comments with the team, who are equally delighted with your comments, and will no doubt act as a motivator.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Mercure Bolton Georgian Hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Eric Spencer-Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackrod
Bolton Whites Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street

Been to Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!