Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
$62
PremierInn.com
$63
Hotels.com
All reviewstop floorbar areawedding receptionlovely hotelbuffet stylebar pricesfamily roombed was very comfortablewedding venuestayed here for one nightduty managermariegymmotorwaystartersradiatormanchester
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I was booked into the Mercure Bolton West by my company when I was travelling to Bolton for business. I had quite a day, with a 5am start, flying to East Midlands, meetings all day and then a 2 hour journey to Bolton. On days like that I always dread staying somewhere new as you don't know what the service, food and room will be like. I had no need to worry with this hotel, we arrived around 7.30pm and the receptionist kindly stored out bags so that we could eat in the restaurant. The food was as you would expect in a chain hotel but the experience was elevated by Emma Yates, our waitress who was extremely personable and went above and beyond to ensure we were happy (thanks for the biscuits Emma!). We were then checked in by the equally friendly Angela Wilson who was very efficient and got us two lovely rooms.

People like Emma and Angela really help bring back a bit of local personality and charm to chain hotels like Mercure and shouldn't be underestimated. I'd be unlikely to remember this type of hotel for the foods or furnishings but I will certainly remember the faces and friendliness of the staff and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank JamieMarshall
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for review on Trip Advisor, without doubt, one of the best reviews we have had.

I have shared your kind words with the team, in particular Angela and Emma, who were really pleased to have been mentioned.

Once again, many thanks for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Bolton West Hotel again soon,

Reviewed May 7, 2012

On May 4th 2012 I attended a wedding at this hotel. The room was decorated beautifully - lots of fairy lights, pretty lanterns and it really did look romantic. The meal after the service was first class. The food was well cooked and seasoned and very nicely presented. All the staff were helpful and very smartly dressed. The day was a wonderful one so much so that I cant think of anywhere nicer to book for my husbands 70th birthday next year. I dont think anyone getting married there would be disappointed.

Room Tip: As it was a wedding we did n't sleep over but those that did said the breakfast was excellent also we did n't pay so cant comment on the value.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank philip b
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear PhilIp B,

Please accept my thanks for reviewing the Mecure Bolton West Hotel where you attended a wedding last Friday. I completely agree that the room did look fantastic when it was dressed.

I will pass your feedback on to the team who will be really pleased with your feedback, and hopefully we will see you next year for your Husband's 70th Birthday. Please feel free to speak to our Events team for further details.

Once again please accept my gratitude for such a great review.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I used the hotel as a place to crash after attending a wedding nearby and it served it's purpose well. The hotel was easy to find, being just off the A6 and M61 and had ample free parking. The hotel itself was basic but clean and the welcome from the reception staff warm and inviting. The room I had was fine, a little dated but adequate for what I needed. Bathroom etc was clean and the shower powerful enough, although there was no heating in the bathroom, which made it a little chilly first thing in the morning, as the room I had was on the top corner of the building and therefore exposed to the Bolton winds! But that wasn't much of a problem and I had a good night's sleep so can't complain.

Breakfast was included in the £40 I paid, which made this excellent vbalue for money as the breakfast was hearty - good selection of cooked and non-cooked items served by friendly staff.

So overall a pleasant stay - the only thing that would have made it better would have been wi-fi access in the rooms.

Room Tip: Room 885 is at the corner of the building and you can hear the wind rattling past the edge of the building. Didn't both me too much may both those who are light sleepers.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Dear MikeLord,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Bolton West Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, and I am glad that your enjoyed your stay so much.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Bolton West Hotel again soon,

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

we stay in may had a four poster the room was lovely and clean the staff were very good and the food lovely the pool was very warm as was the spar we enjoyed ourselves and felt very relaxed x

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear deligurl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Boton West Hotel on Trip Advisor, it is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, whom I sure will be equally pleased with your feedback.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed here about 5 times now the last this weekend and have to say I would return tomorrow. Rooms airy,comfortable and bathrooms spotless. Showers hot and pressure great.
Only other hotels in area are Travel Lodge(avoid like the plague) Premier Inn sound but this was much better for the same price.

I didnt eat there though so cant comment.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Dear theerl,

I was absolutely delighted to read your comments regarding the Mercure Bolton West Hotel, thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts on Trip Advisor.

We are constantly improving our product, and this review will serve as encouragment for the team.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon,