“Brilliant hotel!”

Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blackrod
Reviewed March 16, 2012

From the moment you walk in the door to the moment your leaving the friendliness of the staff is amazing which is the best part of this hotel and are an asset to the company, the hotel is clean provides great amenities, food is fantasic and couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed: March 2012
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

Dear Maximus081,

I was delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor, thank you for taking the time to do this.

Its great that you mentioned how friendly our staff are, I completely agree they are a credit to our business, and themselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Bolton West Hotel again soon,

Kindest Regards

There are newer reviews for Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel

Reviewed March 9, 2012

great hotel with good service and friendly staff, good value for money and the children enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2012

Dear BroganManchester,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Bolton West Hotel. I am absolutely delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay.

It was great to see that you mentioned how friendly our team are, we really do pride ourselves on the service we offer.

Once again, many thanks, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards

General Manager.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I had to stay in Bolton over the weekend and was taken by the offer this hotel was advertising and, being part of a larger group, took them up on their offer of a room for just £38.50 per night.

Having checked their website the rooms looked reasonable, there was free wifi and it suited my needs.

It's not until I arrived that I got the sense of how depressing the place is. It's well overdue for decoration, the only free wifi is in reception and the room was just as depressing as the rest of the hotel.

In fact it's the very essence of what's wrong with many hotels in this country - no charm, no facilities and stuck in the 1980s - at best.

On a busy Friday night there were just 12 cars in the car park - which says a lot - and the whole experience was dreary and left me feeling short -changed!

So who is the hotel for..? The (artexed!!) rooms have the obligatory Corby trouser press, tea and coffee and a bathroom in need of renovation so I'd say this would suit a businessman who doesn't care about having any comforts around them, who wants a cheap deal and doesn't mind a dreary hotel on the outskirts of Bolton.

5  Thank StaffsMark
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Dear StaffsMark,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Bolton West Hotel.

I was obviously disappointed to read your review, as were the Team, as it is contrary to the majority of the reviews that we receive. The service we offer is often recognised on Trip Advisor as been very postive, as is our attention to detail and the cleanliness of our Hotel especially our bedrooms.

We have earmarked several areas around the Hotel for investment, in fact major work started this week.

I take on board your comments, and hope to welcome you back to the Mercure Bolton West Hotel again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Got treated for my girlfriends 18th by her mum and dad the hotel is amazing and the staff are so nice and helpful and always look happy I would recommend this hotel to any one ones again thank you for a good night :) :) :)

• Stayed: February 2012
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bolton West Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my Management Team regarding your feedback, they too will be as equally delighted with your feedback as I am.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and our children. The room was really spacious and the staff incredibely friendly and helpful even delivering the deserts from our evening meal to our room as our children were getting sleepy.
Food was nice. Didn't try breakfast so couldn't comment.
Very convinient location. Would definnately stay again. Thankyou very much

• Stayed: February 2012
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here near valentines day and had a really nice trip. There were some minor issues but very minor! We were greeted at reception my a helpful receptionist and check in was very swift. However, I didn't feel she gave me and my partner enough information about the hotel and we had to keep asking through out the stay. The room was clean and modern with a spacious bathroom. We had one meal in the restaurant and we couldn't have asked for any more. It was reasonable priced and the staff were well trained and pleasant. We also used the spa which was very relaxing but when I used the sauna there was no water. Another minor isssue was the fire alarm went off in the morning, which we didn't mind but would have liked to have been warned. Overall, we had a fantastic stay and will be coming back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My wife and I had a very pleasant four nights stay in the Mercure Bolton West whilst visiting family in Horwich. We had never visited the hotel before and chose it largely because of its location and its readiness to take our Jack Russell, Boo. The hotel proved to be very comfortable but the most impressive aspect was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff we had the pleasure to meet. From the moment of our arrival, we were made to feel most welcome and that nothing was too much trouble. It also proved to be possibly the most Boo-friendly hotel which we have visited: everyone seemed ready to welcome our little over-excited exuberant companion and eager to spend time with her. We did not eat evening meals in the restaurant but the breakfasts were wonderful and the staff in the dining room were invariably attentive and friendly. Car parking was plentiful and easy. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
gm_mercureboltonwest, General Manager at Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Eric Spencer-Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackrod
Bolton Whites Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street

Been to Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel? Share your experiences!