Formerly the Ramada Bolton, this hotel has recently undergone a name change. Firstly, the pictures on the Mercure website bear no resemblence to the hotel itself - they are stock images only.
The good points first:
- Great reception team
- Good parking facilities (free)
- Superb breakfast
- Adequate gym for an overnight stay
The bad points:
- Possibly the most uncomfortable matress I have ever slept on
- Not enough pillows - only two per room
- Tatty room furniture - poor finish to tiles/sealant in bathroom etc
- The pool is tiny and the saunas are segrated (not great if you want to chill out with your wife or family)
We paid £85 for one night B&B which I thought was expensive. Not bad but not great either. A spruce up in the rooms would fix all the issues...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former Georgian Country House with spa & leisure facilities, set in a beautiful part of Lancashire; gateway to the Lake District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Bolton
- Oldham Ramada