“Could be better”

Regency Inn & Suites Opelousas
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Opelousas
“Could be better”
Reviewed June 2, 2004

This Comfort Inn location is generally a decent hotel, but is in desperate need of a renovation/remodeling. My family and I have used this hotel since the mid 1980's, and it's obvious that it has not been well-maintained over the years. It needs new carpet, better pool maintenance, and the bathrooms could be cleaner. Some of these problems are probably due to the fact that it is an independently owned hotel. I've always received good service at Comfort Inn, but until improvements are made, I, along with most of my other relatives, will start lodging at the new Holiday Inn in Opelousas.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed September 9, 2003

This hotel is very dirty and unsafe. Parking lot lights do not come on until 9:00 PM. Bathrooms dirty, one worn towel, no hand towels or wash cloths. Toilet is dirty and stained. The toilet lid and seat was worn and cracked. The whole bathroom was in need of repair. The bed is the worst. Bed spread was stained inside and out with food, vomit or what ever else had never been cleaned. You would be better off sleeping in the car.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Opelousas hotels

Dallas, TX
Reviewed September 6, 2003

This must be a practice Mike Patel is accustomed to getting away with.
We had a family reunion in July 2000. We had reservations, a confirmation #, and had held the room with a credit card. Upon arrival, we were told that there were no rooms left. What we later learned is that there was another family reunion in town and that Mike Patel began giving away rooms to people 1st come 1st serve, regardless of credit cards or confirmations. He refused to help us in any way and we too were left in Opelousas with no rooms. We attempted to contact Comfot Inn's corporate office but were told that he is an independent owner and they could provide no assistance in the matter. We ended up staying in Lafayette, over 30 miles away. Needless to say, I would never attempt to stay there again nor would I recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed July 2000
3 Thank DallasNurse71
Reviewed July 14, 2003

I had a reservation, a confirmation number, and a credit card holding my room at this hotel. I also had a discount, which they knew about before they gave me my reservation and confirmation number. When I got there that evening, they tried to tell us there were no more rooms. The manager, Mike Patel, told the desk clerk to lie to us. They gave us three different stories while we were there. (The desk clerk later verified that he had told her to lie. Ours was the last room left, and I guess he didn't want to give it to us at a discount. We were not even given the option of paying full price for the room.)So we ended up in Opelousas, Louisiana, with no hotel to stay in. We had to call all over town looking for alternative lodging. We were fortunate to find a bed & breakfast that had a delightful room for us at a comparable price.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 18, 2003

It's a nice, clean place to stay, and...it takes pets with a deposit! Stayed for a couple of nights with our two dachshunds, and got our $20.00 deposit back on departure. I recommend it highly.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2002

This is a very nice hotel. People are friendly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Opelousas
Days Inn & Suites Opelousas
#7 of 7 in Opelousas
Economy Inn
Economy Inn
#1 of 1 in Carencro

Been to Regency Inn & Suites Opelousas? Share your experiences!