“Great Food”

Soileau's Dinner Club
Ranked #5 of 66 Restaurants in Opelousas
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was in town on business this past weekend and came to eat at Souileau's for dinner. The desk attendant at the hotel I stayed at recommended this restaurant. The food was excellent. I had the seafood gumbo which was the best I have had. The service was also outstanding.

14  Thank JohnnyBR123

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were day tripping, driving around aimlessly. We wound up in Opelousas and I wanted some old fashion rustic Cajun food. Being born and raised here I should know what that is. Granted we got there around 3:30 so knew it was in-between times but the place was dead. Our server was very nice and friendly, we never had to wait to long. Our salads were big, nice and fresh. My cup of gumbo although was bland and the shrimp were over cooked. It really didn't taste like gumbo should. Our plates came out shortly after. My wife's shrimp plate looked very tempting and she said it was really good. Unfortunately I can't say the same about mine. I ordered the shrimp and crabmeat casserole and it was really disappointing. I couldn't really taste any seafood, it was mostly bread. On the positive side there was a lot of it, otherwise it really wasn't all that bad. I hate to bash them but I wouldn't recommend them. Maybe they have some better plates, maybe it was the time of day.

3  Thank WorldWideInternation
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice while visiting in the area, for dinner and for a lunch. Both times we were with a larger group (6 for dinner, about 15 for lunch). They did not seem to be very busy either time, but the service was quite slow. I found the food to be good, but not as tasty as most Cajun dishes. The first evening I had an oyster po'boy sandwich, and for lunch I had a shrimp salad. The salad was heavily sprinkled with paprika which didn't help its appearance. The Diet Cokes were served in little tiny bottles, so no free refills.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Entered this restaurant about 1:30 for a late lunch. I was greeted by a young hostess sitting a chair behind the stand who did not bother to get up to escort me to a table. She instructed me to sit anywhere.. This turned out to be quite the challenge. While most tables were empty as I approached them one after another were loaded with dirty dishes left from the busy lunch crowd. Really!!! I almost walked out because of this. My inattentive hostess, seeing my situation finally walked me to a clean table.

After all this I ordered a p-boy and gumbo. Both of these items were well above average with the gumbo being the best I have had in a while. Clearly, this dark dingy restaurant does serve good food.

1  Thank DOUGLAS G
Reviewed June 25, 2013

OMG - Yes I will be back - if only to take a photo to post. But I'll come back with bells on for the food. This place knows Louisiana food and how to serve their customers. Don't rush, take some time and visit with each other at Soileau's Dinner Club. My steak was delicious, perfectly prepared. OMG, makes my mouth water just thinking. Others had shrimp that looked wonderful. They said they were in the Gulf last night, now that's fresh. I want to go now!

7  Thank cindy p