“Over Rated”

Soileau's Dinner Club
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Opelousas
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

This experience was just an average experience......taste of the food, surroundings and cost for a lunch. The service was the best part of the meal. Nothing was just flat-out terrible tasting but nothing was outstanding, either.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Everything was fantastic from
The food to
The service. It's well worth the price and the Cajun cuisine was incredible!
Friendly and fun staff as well!

8  Thank Southernqueen145
Reviewed February 5, 2013

After a few people telling me about this restaurant I decided to give it a try. And I'm so glad I did. The food was great.
The food did take about 20 minutes, but I didn't mind ( I got the seafood platter). I had a salad with the best homemade thousand island dressing while I waited. Also, I had an appetizer of seafood gumbo, which is a must try if you visit.
When my seafood platter came it was huge... Well worth $20. The stuff pepper and stuff potatoe were the best. And the homemade tater sauce to dip everything in was so good I got a pint to take home. This is no pre done/pre cooked food. Needless to say I will be visiting again.

6  Thank RosayRJP
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place has been in business since 1937, they must be doing somethin right. We were a table of four, order consisted of shrimp poboy, seafood platter, shrimp salad and stuffed peppers. Everyone enjoyed their meal. It was so fresh how could you not. The peppers were stuffed with shrimp and crabmeat, awesome. AWESOME is all I can say!!

7  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I'm usually delighted to eat here, until now. I/we ordered a shrimp dish with small and medium sized shrimp. The food served included nice sized shrimp that had not been deveined. When we asked to speak to a manager no one came to our table. When I walked to cashier and asked for a manager it was obvious that she simply was not going to address us. I politely told her about the shrimp not being deveined and she directly said that they do not clean small and medium sized shrimp. I guess it would have been asking too much to discreetly discuss this at the table. To not devein the small shrimp is acceptable but the larger ones (larger than a half dollar coin) is an indication that this restaurant is not concerned about the quality of their food. I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed in the dirty shrimp or the lack of management.

2  Thank Thom6685

Been to Soileau's Dinner Club? Share your experiences!