“Please do not stay here!”
Review of Oakwood Inn

and 1 more site!
Oakwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oakdale
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is terrible! The owners are terrible! I was told there was only 1 room available and I had been driving for hours all I wanted to do was sleep, I paid for my room went to grab something to eat came back and as soon as I walked in the room it was absolutely disgusting! It had not been cleaned the toilet had not been flushed since the last person used it( I have no idea how long but it was disgusting!) I got out went to the office and told them they told me their was nothing they could do about it and would not give me my money back! They are filthy people that do not clean the rooms! Please do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Martinezjs

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Worse experiencein my life... . We came in town checked in for two days was told by MANAGEMENT checkout would be SUNDAY at 11 ..saturday morning MANAGMENT called and said they needed payment my RECEIPT showed payment for 2 days the POLICE came out and had to straighten things out...IF management tells you a certain time to checkout and changes his word overnight thats not the type of person I would ever do business with I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay in such a low life environment....(he treated me like a criminal )

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank tarsha_12
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Me and my friend rented this room on Oct. 27, 2012. The 1st room they gave us wasn't cleaned, didn't even have sheets on the bed. The 2nd room we inspected was filthy. There was mildew on the ceiling above the shower, cobwebs on every wall, the box that held the kleenex not only was empty but filthy, the micro wave was also dirty. I was laying in bed and a small roach crawled on my hand. we had gone to a wedding that day and were very tired otherwise we would have switched hotels. The manager or someone needs to get on housekeeping about cleaning their rooms more thoroughly. I will never stay at this Inn ever again.

Linda LeBlanc

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Linda L
Reviewed October 17, 2012

the first room they gave us was not ready, gave another , upon inspection, found mold on the space above the shower/tub area, looked like bathroom walls had not been wiped down in long time, the large mirrow in the room looked like they sprayed it and forgot to wipe it down after, there were visible very large cobwebs at the top of every wall in this room.....then later as we prepared to go to sleep a baby roach crawled on my friend arm,,,if it hadn't been so late we would have left....do not book a room here we saw why the rooms were so not clean the next day as we were leaving we saw a young man and an older man cleaning the rooms on the row we were on.....they could definitly use a Housekeeper, and alot of updating,,,and would help a great deal if your front desk clerk understand and speak ENGLISH FLUENTLY.............DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE...>....I have pictures to back up every statement made here,,,but do not know how to shrink them to the size they need....

Room Tip: don't book
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank thkilgore251
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have been coming to Oak wood for a few summers now, but a few days ago I had a very bad experience. I had some family in my room, and was called by the office to tell me that I did not advise them of their stay.
I explained to them that they were just visiting. Then my daughter went out to ask what time the pool closed and was told by the lady that how many are in my room?

I then went to the office and talked to the lady, I did not appreciate her pointing her finger at me and telling me that there are too many people in my room. It was me, my wife, and my three children, When I told her this she said that I needed another room for two of my children cause the room capacity was three. I had a two queen bed suite. I asked her what was I supposed to do, get a room for my 5 year old and nine year old. She then told me "YES".

Honestly I really did not appreciate the way they were just looking at our every move. I do not think they were doing this to their other guests.

I was so appalled by the way I was being mistreated.

To top it all off, the shower didn't even work. I ended up just packing my things, and not staying the night. I told her here is your key. Cause I have way too much pride and dignity to be treated like that. If they had any type of conscience they would have refunded me, since I only stayed for three hours. "Which they did not"

I ended up booking a room where my family went...Best Western down the street for less that 100 bucks, and Oakwood inn cost me 80...

I would't recommend this Hotel anymore, since your every move is being watched and in the end the customer ends up losing at this hotel. Not a good experience for me, but you live and you learn,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank infamousbliss

Been to Oakwood Inn? Share your experiences!