“Wonderful, spotless, great place to stay!”

Oak Grove Inn and Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Grove
Oak Grove Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak Grove
De Witt, Arkansas, United States
“Wonderful, spotless, great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

My family has stayed here numerous times when traveling to my hometown for holidays and such. The hotel is extremely clean and the staff is always nice. Breakfast is wonderful. We will continue to stay here in the future. I highly recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank KristenSimpson

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at the Oak Grove Inn and Suites a few times now. My only complaint is that there are "smoking" rooms. The hotel is so small that even though there are specific rooms set aside for smokers, we still felt that we were in a smoking room/a smoking environment. We just couldn't get away from the cigarette smoke. Our clothes smelled AWFUL, and we had to show-up to our family get-together wreaking of smoke.

If I were the manager of this motel, I would consider making the entire hotel non-smoking and pet friendly. Even fine, four star establishments allow pets with certain rules and guidelines in place. In my lowly opinion, I would rather be in a room where a dog or cat has slept than breathe-in stale cigarette smoke. This would definitely make for a more pleasant stay.

Even though the hotel is SPOTLESS, the presence of smokers/cigarette smoke makes the hotel feel like it is not clean. The smoking issue is the only reason I gave such a low rating on cleanliness.

The staff members are courteous and very helpful. We have never been treated rudely. The breakfast is perfect...just enough to hit the spot!

Aside from the smoking issue, it is a great little motel.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ruthieq
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

I have stayed here several times while visiting family in the area. The hotel is immaculate and the staff is pleasant, professional and extremely helpful. I plan to return soon. Each time I have had a very positive experience. My family has a reunion every 2 years when we book several rooms for out of town guests. The service, the quality and the accommodations are very good.

• Liked — New and clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank mollie57
Watauga,TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed here when we attended my cousin's wedding, and I am glad we did. The rooms were beautiful, the customer service was helpful and polite, as well and the rest of the staff. They were also able to give us directions to all the locations that we were going to visit. Overall i believe this to be one of the cleanest, friendliest, and well maintained places we have ever stayed.

This was our first time to say here, and it will not be our last...

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Popsiclestars
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2008

Since we've stayed at this place three times now, I've felt compelled to report on it.
We've found this inn to be clean, well maintained, and secure. My wife and I were made to feel right at home with friendly and efficient staff, even to them remembering us. In asking about local places to eat, we were given excellent directions to good places.
We will be staying there again!

• Liked — Seemed well managed
  • Disliked — Needed more vending machines
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

My family stayed at the Inn (a room and a suite) while my brother was critically ill. An employee said that we had a dog in the room. With no actual investigation, we were ordered out; when I protested that no dog was or had been in the room and insisted they show me the tapes they claimed to have, they said I was belligerent _ I was insistent but never theatening in any way _ and called the cops. I waited while the manager came, hoping to speak with someone more rational, but it was not to be. Not only did they throw us out, they tried to charge the person in our group who was paying for the rooms a $150 "animal cleaning" fee, which Amex denied, since there was no dog in the room and therefore managment could offer no evidence to that effect.

It was a horrible experience, exacerbated by the fact that my brother died the next morning and we had to drive from a further town when we were alerted to his worsening condition.

I hate to think this was all a ruse to get an extra $150, but I can think of no other reason anybody would make something like that up.

• Liked — Only motel in town
  • Disliked — abusive treatment by management
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank mlfrdfry
OakGroveInn-Suites, Manager at Oak Grove Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2008
While the entire staff of Oak Grove Inn and Suites extend our condolences to this guest and family following their loss, this incident progressed in a manner substantially different from what was described in the post.
Our hotel has a strict no pet policy, as is posted at the front desk. This guest was witnessed to have a small dog hidden under her jacket by a member of our housekeeping staff. The statement that no investigation was done is completely untrue. One of the guests in the room became agitated and confrontational with our staff when the issue was addressed, making the staff feel it necessary to request a law enforcement officer to ensure the safety of our staff. After a deputy sheriff arrived, he witnessed the confrontational frame of mind of the guest, and assisted with evicting the guests from the property.
As the guests exited our facility, the deputy observed their small dog stick his head out of one of the bags of luggage that they were carrying.
We at Oak Grove Inn and Suites strive to provide an excellent environment for our guests. Many of us have our own pets that we love very much, but we as pet owners must acknowledge that having those pets in public rooms such as hotels can sometimes cause severe health problems for any guest that may stay in the room later. This is the reason that Louisiana, as well as many other states, have laws that forbid bringing any pet into any hotel where it is against posted policy.

Been to Oak Grove Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!