“Great”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Shane L, Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Reviewed June 23, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 19, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 6, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I planned a small "staycation" to Avery Island to tour the Tabasco Factory. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision so I went online to Expedia and reserved a room at this location.

Upon arrival I noticed that this hotel looked more like a run down motel which made me feel a bit uneasy, but I had paid in advance so we decided to make the best of it. Check in was easy(probably the only positive you will read over the remainder of this review). We were handed our keys and sent on our way to find our room.

Our room was located on the "poolside" which meant we had to park our car around back and walk through a breezeway to get to it. The pool was empty, the grass was overgrown, and there was some sort of play area directly outside our window. My husband and I were determined to keep our "make the most of it attitude" because it was only one night. The events to follow are nothing short of a disaster.

As we entered the room I sat my bag onto the bed and made a joke about our 4 star suite with the tube style TV and headed to the restroom. It's there that I realized just how nasty this room was. The shower liner was outside of the tub and covered in some sort of soap scum, I walked out to the room, grabbed my phone, and called Expedia. While on hold with them I started to look at the condition of the room. Behind the door was dust hanging from the ceiling, there was an earring back on side of the nightstand, the bed ruffle had mold/mildew, There was flakes of paint falling from the ceiling AND THEN I NOTICED THE PUBIC HAIR SITTING ON MY PILLOW.....That was it. I hung up with Expedia and called the front desk.

Shane, (The Assistant General Manager) came to our room and was shocked at the condition. He said that they had been short handed and he wasn't able to do the QC checks of the cleaning like he use to. He took some photos and moved us into another room. He also gave us a $50.00 credit to use at the restaurant located on the "MOTEL" premises. We did use the voucher toward our meal and all seemed to be fine UNTIL....The next day I realized that I was charged twice for the meal. Not really sure what happened in the check out process. Shane also said that he usually runs the shift at check out so that "mistakes" like this doesn't happen.

End of story...this hotel/motel is trash. I was given a refund for the overcharge and my nights stay but I will NEVER stay at another Ramada Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and I greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with me as I will be sharing your comments with my staff and making adjustments to ensure that this circumstance does not happen again.

I do hope that you will reconsider and give us another try -- I would like to offer you a free night on us -- just contact me at paxton.janet@gmail.com -- and let me verify your information in order to send you a free night certificate.

Again, I apologize and I want you to know that this is not our standard and that these issues will be handled in an urgent manner.

Thanks and have a great day!

Janet

Reviewed May 25, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Reviewed April 24, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Clara N
Shane L, Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013