“Great Stay, great value”
Review of Ramada New Iberia

Ramada New Iberia
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Spending most of my time in hotels, mostly newer hotels, I admit at first I was hesitant on this location. I had never stayed in New Iberia, and all of the rooms were only accessable from the outside. It was last minute plans and after calling other hotels for prices, this location was more reasonable. The lobby was clean and attractive. We arrived late at night and the young man checking us in was a great help. It was four of us traveling so he put us into a double room and gave us extra towels and personally went to get extra pillows for my mother. We had a funeral to attend so he gave us a map of the city, pulled up directions on mapquest and explained to us how to get there. We asked for 2 wake up calls and he said that he would personally call us to make sure we were up. He also advised us to try the breakfast which was a buffet with a much larger selection that we have seen in a while. The food was delicious, and the service was very friendly. The rooms have obviously been updated and were very comfortable and clean. Excellent internet reception. In the morning when we left the room we got our first real look at the grounds. Someone has taken a lot of time in the landscaping. For an older hotel, we were truly impressed. My family being originally from Canada, we immediately knew that the young lady checking us out was French. It is really refreshing to see how hotels are so much more diverse in staffing. She was an absolutely sweet person and really seemed like she was happy to be where she was. We will surely return and recommend your hotel to others. Our only complaint was that the rooms are not very sound proof, we could all that was going on outside, it seemed like a lot of men coming in from a lat shift possibly, but this can only be expected for a building that opens to the outside.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thanks so much for all you compliments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We will look forward to your return stay.

Have a great day!

Janet Paxton

There are newer reviews for Ramada New Iberia

Reviewed July 18, 2012

What a fantastic hotel! Everything met and exceeded my expectations. I'm not real sure what to say except, great rooms, pool, restaurant, and staff! The staff was so incredibly helpful and friendly. I enjoyed sitting by the pool admiring a well manicured lawn. Nice, clean, spacious comfortable rooms to relax in as well. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else next time I'm in the area...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah H
Shane L, Front Office Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Good Evening! Thank you so much for your kind words and rave reviews! We strive to exceed the expectations of everyone who stays with us. I am glad that we were able to do just that for you. I will share your kind review with the staff. We look forward to your next visit with us, the next time you are in our area. Hope you and your family have the Happiest of Holidays.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The rooms were spacious, everything was clean, great showers, rooms were cool, plenty of guestroom amenities. The grounds were impeccably kept, landscaping was beautiful and lush - probably the reason we never heard other people. The restaurant has a great selection, and the staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful. The pool is big, and was very clean. There are sections for adults to sit in the shade and still be near the pool to watch kids. This hotel is unlike most Ramada properties - it is older, but is kept up and operated well.

Room Tip: Even the rooms by the pool were quiet - we were never disturbed by other guests.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joey A
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Upon checking in I requested a gound floor room, I explained that my daughter just had surgery and couldn't climb stairs, they had none available. Arriving to our room we noticed the tv cable had been ripped out of the wall, when my husband called to complain, we were moved to another room, first floor, go figure 5 mins time a room became available.
This is an older hotel, rooms are dated, carpet is nasty, and limited space for even your luggage. One chair, no table or counter top to even do any paperwork, eat or anything.
The beds were very uncomfortable and thinning sheets.
I must say that the outside grounds were nice, clean and pool area looked to be nice.I like sitting outside in the shaded area much more than being in the room.
No complimentary breakfast, but it was a well stocked buffet for a decent price.
There were alot of men everywhere, I guess it is frequented by alot of men working from out of town, or workshops.
I felt that the grounds actually made up for the room, you wouldn't have that type of quiet areas in the new fancy hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room, the other rooms are facing the highway, hot and noisey.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments -- I apologize for the room not being up to standard that is not our intention at all. We strive every day to provide exceptional service and a clean comfortable room.

I will address the concerns you have had with our management team and ensure we will correct the issues at hand.

I am so glad that you enjoyed our outdoor pool and sitting areas -- we are an older hotel, yet we do have some great amenities as the only full service hotel in town.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to everyone! My husband was on business there and I drove down to stay a few nights. Our room was so clean and relaxing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I put the "do not disturb" sign out and heard nothing ! very quiet. If we ever travel within a 100 mile radius from there , we will stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thanks so much for your kind words, I will be sure and share them with the staff. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Ramada Conference Center and we will look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed 1 night, very quiet room, usual amenities, pool, etc. Looks like a lot of the rooms are rented on a weekly basis to construction workers. The carpet could use a cleaning and there were mosquitoes, other than that a good place to sleep.

Room Tip: Tell the desk person what you desire, close to pool, quiet, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ted3000
Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Thanks so much for your kind words - I will be sure and share with the staff. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in New Iberia and we will look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

i stayed at this hotel from sunday march 18 and scheduled to depart march 23.
they have a policy that even when your DONOT DISTURB sign is out that they will
WAKE YOU UP to sign a form that you didnt want your room serviced. they told me this was because they had people who had DO NOT DISTURB signs out complained about their rooms not being serviced. The front desk when i went to complain said 'i hate it when YOU GUYS CHECK OUT EARLY all the time'
the asst gen manager was nagging,bossy,condescending and mocked me with smart comments as i departed the building.
they refused to refund me any money since i 'booked with PRiceline'.
They also were non responsive when i contacted Corporate about them. Corporate is giving me my refund since they were so pathetic in their non responsiveness to logic.
i would avoid this place if i have any standards what so ever.
I will say that their workout room was very nice and was the highlight of their hotel.

Room Tip: although this is a conference room hotel. there are no work stations in the room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Roscoe C
Janet P, General Manager at Ramada New Iberia, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns in reference to your staff at our hotel.

I take my guests comments very seriously, and I apologize for your stay not being up to your standards.

I apologize for my staff and their inappropriate actions and I would love for you to give us another opportunity to show you the true meaning of southern hospitality.

I strive each and every day to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of and treated with the utmost care and concern. Unfortunately, it seems as though we failed on to deliver to you as our valued guest.

Please know that I am taking action to correct this situation, so that situations like this won't happen in the future.

Thanks again for your comments and I do hope that you will give us another try your next trip to New Iberia, LA

Have a great day!