“Oh My God!!! Devistating experience at Antique Roseville in New Iberia” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antiques Rose Ville

Antiques Rose Ville
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Soups
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: As an established full-service venue, Antique Rose Ville is a unique setting perfect for all of life's events including weddings, receptions, corporate events or any type social gathering. The four-acre grounds are filled with possibilities. The lush gardens and quaint cottage along with indoor and open air venues give you a broad canvas to design a one-of-a-kind event that will not be forgotten.
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Oh My God!!! Devistating experience at Antique Roseville in New Iberia”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

My future husband and I decided on this location because we wanted to save money with the great rate we thought we were getting. It was not until one week before our wedding and had every detail budgeting to a T that we were informed we had an outstanding balance due that was not mentioned in our initial agreement of cost. We could not believe it. We couldn't get a refund and didn't have thousands laying around to buy another location for our wedding. We made due and paid it. The night before our wedding we planed a rehearsal and it was a disaster. I am the bride and I got pulled to the sign and the once sweet old lady who owned the home, went off on me and screamed at me for telling my soon to be family about the additional cost she was charging us. She threatened me that if I did not keep my mouth shut she would sue me. I ran out in tears and had to cancel the rehearsal and just hope my wedding day was not a disaster. I had no options and stayed up crying all night. I did not want to go back to the hell place and see the devil but I had no choice no more budget and I wanted to be married and not wait to save another year. I to this day do not enjoy looking at my photos on those grounds because I have to relive that horrible experience. I thought the owner was going to have a heart attack she was so angry and upset and screamed at me like I was a child. She than made comments to my husband about our age difference. I assume she did not approve of our age difference. The food was in my opinion terrible. She harassed my D.J. and would not let them set up a speaker near the front court where I was getting married so the guest could barely hear the music and The D.J. had to get a guy to flag her when it was time for my party and myself to walk down the isle. She then harassed my videographer and tried to have him leave. I had to deal with my D.J. and videographers concerns while I was getting into my gown. My mother had asked her why she made me cry and why she upset me so one night before my wedding and she than began arguing with her and said she will do what she wants and say what she wants because she is the owner and if I was not such a little girl then maybe I could handle it. Once again I believe that stems from the age difference between me and my soon to be husband. My mom was not allowed back on the property and I had to get married without her being there. I had no options. Marry the man I love on our day or lose all of the money I had invested and wait another year to resave again. Little things went wrong that I believe was out of spite. Such as knowing I would be walking by the fireplace to walk outside and down the isle, someone had not cleaned the suit from the floors and it had got on my 1200 dollar dress on my way out. The flowers and center pieces were not my color and very small and hardly anything to them. She than tried to make her face shown and intimidate me and I regret putting my money into this place. I will never forget this experience and hope to save someone else from going to Antique Roseville in new Iberia, Louisiana. If you do get all of your financial receipts and cost in writing. That is a big mistake I made.

• Visited February 2014
8 Thank Farrah528
AntiqueRoseville, Owner at Antiques Rose Ville, responded to this review, November 12, 2015
Sorry I didnt respond to your accusations until now. I never even heard about Trip Advisor until you wrote this letter First I want everyone to know that we always have contracts that we go over throughly with our brides. If they chose to have thier wedding at Antique Rose Ville, we have them sign it and we give them a copy. Nothing is hidden. You had the contract over a year in advance We gave you a price break on several things for your wedding and we also gave you the rental of the Bed and Breakfast free of charge. You and your groom stayed the night. As for the soot on the floor by the fireplace, we don't have soot. We have gass logs. The bottom of your dress was dirtied by the outdoor wedding you had. As for your mother, she showed up wanting to beat me up the night before your wedding because you told her we had cheated you on the price. She barged in the kitchen with two other people and kept cursing. I called security because I feared for my life. When security came she cursed at him and my husband several times. Security told her if she didn't quit, he had the authority to arrest her. He also told her that the only way she could come to your wedding was to behave and apologize. She never did apoligize and didn't come. You also gave me pictures of your fiances ex wife and daughter the week before the wedding to give to my security You told me that they had threatened to come to your wedding and do harm to you and your fiance. I never at anytime told you I would sue you. I only asked you not lie about not knowing how much your wedding would cost. About the food you said was terrible, you took home and plenty of it. I'm writing a response now because one of my brides asked me about this letter. Otherwise, I had forgotten.

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
“Exceptional!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have ever been to such a wonderful place! They were willing to accommodate us at the last minute and went out of their way. Everything was exceptional: the food, the beautiful facilities, the grounds, the friendly owners (Linda and Simon). Their hospitality and attention to detail was fabulous! I couldn’t have been more pleased and feel we now have new friends in New Iberia, LA!!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Audrey F
New Iberia, Louisiana
“What was Good ???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Beautiful Place very sweet and charming however the owner coming to our table wanting to sing for us OMG & the prices for the food then when we asked about a wedding reception or photos to be taken here this woman must have lost her mind with her prices ...never going here again

Visited April 2012