“will not go back”

Landry's
Ranked #9 of 112 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Home of Fresh & Wild!!!! Join Chef Alex Patout for home style Cajun Food in cajun country!!!! After all, he wrote the Book on it, published by Ramdon House!!!!
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was a terrible dining experience for us. My husband ordered the seafood platter. His seafood included 1 shrimp, 2 oysters, a few crab claws and a piece of fish, all of it was cold sitting on top of even colder French fries. He did not eat much of his dinner. I had the fried shrimp dinner and the shrimp was pretty good. My baked potato had been sitting around for awhile. I had to ask for butter and sour cream for my potato. We had to get salt, pepper and catsup for ourselves from another table. No refills for our drinks were offered. There was a large party that came in before us so I could understand the poor service but can`t understand the cold food.

1  Thank Judy E

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our third attempt to dine on a weeknight in New Iberia after taking the Tabasco tour. Surprisingly restaurant are just not that plentiful. This is NOT part if the Landry's chain and that statement is atop their menu.

Simple room with bare floor and wood walls. Food was good. I had a crawfish sampler, typical of a tourist. Not that thrilled- no boiled crawfish to be had. My wife had a better crab platter. Typical serve yourself salad bar.

What WAS memorable were the frog legs. Wonderfully fresh and lightly battered and fried.

Based on recommendations from locals at Avery Island we gave it a try. Good food but not at standout treat. We were driving back to New Orleans and expected to find seafood restaurants or boils everywhere, but we were challenged to find any spot.

The chef did come out and speak with us. We were early diners and his apron was way to dirty to have been freshly cleaned that day. Still, a good but not great meal.

1  Thank Traveller_Jr
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had the red drum with lump crab meat. Really great. And the crabmeat masion was killer. If it were not so hot, I would have ordered my favorite duck gumbo. The Chef is real people, visiting with the customers and the wine list is fair.
Closed on Mondays, so plan your visit around that.
Always stop there when traveling thru south La.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This was my third visit to Landry's and I have enjoyed each time. The food was very good. Some of our group ordered from the menu while others enjoyed the buffet. We loved the atmosphere. Danielle was a wonderful waitress and even brought some crawfish for the kids to try. She recruited an expert to teach the proper way to eat them. All the food was great from the buffet to the crab claws to the charbroiled oysters to the steak and chicken. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Had the best dinner and waitress tonight. This is my third time eating here, tonight I brought my family who is visiting from West Virginia. The food is fantastic and the waitresses especially Daniel are the best they make you feel like family.

1  Thank TerryKeen