“An Okay Stay for 1 Night, But Not For Any Length of Time”
Review of Super 8 New Iberia

Super 8 New Iberia
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“An Okay Stay for 1 Night, But Not For Any Length of Time”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was reserved for us thru my daughter's ball team. It was close (within 10 minutes) of the softball tournament in Erath, LA. Check in was super easy & we had our room key within minutes. Our room was "non-smoking" (which is what we prefer); however, it had been a "smoking" room at one time. The smoke detector which should have been white was actually nicotine yellow. The room had a smell of moth balls & old cigarette smoke.The beds were hard & the pillows were very small. There were stains on the carpets where it appears that the ac unit had leaked. The decor was older & worn.

The pool hours were posted on the gate as 9 am - 9 pm. When I took my girls to swim in the morning, the gate was still locked. I called the front desk & was told that the pool hours were from 10 am - 10 pm. I told the clerk that they better re-read their posted sign on the pool gate - they did come down & unlock it but seemed agitated to have to do it. The pool area was clean & there were plenty of chairs & loungers but the pool itself was dirty. Cloudy water, hair, etc. in the bottom of the pool.

Since there were multiple ball tournaments going on the area, we expected the hotel to be noisy but assumed it would calm down after midnight. Unfortunately this was not the case. There were people tailgating in the parking lot right in front of the hotel rooms. There were kids running around with little or no adult supervision. I would have assumed the the hotel security would have ended some of that at a reasonable hour but that did not happen. At 2 am it finally started to quiet down.
I would not choose this hotel on a return trip, as there are many newer hotels in the area that would better suit our needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Super8NewIberia, General Manager at Super 8 New Iberia, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We do want to apologize for your bad experiance. We did have alot of ball teams stay with us during that weekend and if being notified we would of tended to that. We will address all of the other concerns you have mentioned with our staff. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Perham, Minnesota
Reviewed June 22, 2013

pool area was ok but closes at 9pm! rooms are dirty! foot prints on walls, that kind of stuff. wear shoes in your room at all times this would be a place to stay if you had no other option or were not concerned with price or luxury or being able to close the door to the bathroom while not standing in the shower. the fan in the bathroom goes on when you turn on the light and sounds like a 747 is landing. Imagine how that goes over in the middle of the night...beds are comfortable once you check the sheets for cleanliness and take the bedspread off and request a new comforter washed from the laundry that day. They look at you like you're crazy but sleeping with cigarette burns and cooty stains on my bedding just aint gonna work for me. And yes, this was a NON smoking room. Not that you could tell after maids left! I swear they were smoking in\n my room while they cleaned it, lol! i know this is LA, but really. :) Wash everything down with a washcloth and hot water. then spray everything with lysol and you'll be ok. The rooms are not dark but they're quiet for being on a main road. The lobby is nice. It seemed safe because there is a sheriff parked in the lobby chair on his Kindle all night. potential employer paid otherwise there are MUCH better choices right on the same street. If we ever go back we will DEMAND better.

Room Tip: stay in the front of the building only!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. We will be sure to address them with our staff. Pool hours are 9am-9pm as posted. We would of gladly switched your room for you when informed to make your stay enjoyable. So we hope that we will have another chance at your business. Thank you
Humble, TX
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We chose this inn because the Comfort Suites where we had stayed every year before jumped their rates by over $20. It was very clean & had a much better breakfast than most Super 8 hotels with hot sausage & eggs . We come to New Iberia for an antique electric fan meet every year & will stay here next year.
BTW, the ones that stayed in the Comfort Suites were very less than complimentary this year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Super8NewIberia, Manager at Super 8 New Iberia, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Super 8! We can understand that when you find a hotel that you like, you tend to stay there on every visit so we really appreciate you giving us a chance. We hope to be your #1 choice on future stays! Thank you!
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We chose this motel based on price and location and were very pleased. The room could use some cosmetic work - the paint around the door was very chipped and the bathroom needed a whole new paint job. However, the refrig and microwave and internet worked well and the bed was comfortable. It was a little odd, most of the other guests appeared to be single men working in the area. Perhaps that was why we received a phone call at one am from a woman looking for the previous occupant. We dealt with the possibility of subsequent calls by unplugging phone. Any one we wished to speak to had our cell phone number. Other than that, it was was the quietest motel we had ever stayed in. Breakfast began at 05:30 so by the time we vacationers showed up, we had the breakfast room to our selves. Breakfast was great- one morning there was link sausage and cheese omlets in addition to the usual waffles, sausage gravy and biscuits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs ,bagels,toast and the dry cereals. The staff were very friendly. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Super 8. We do have numerous working men who stay with us due to location, price and customer service. We do apologize about the phone call to your room at the early morning hours. When someone calls the hotel they are greeted by an automated directory where they can dial in a direct room number. We are very glad that you had a wonderful stay and we hope to see you again soon in the near future.
MILTON
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Not my first choice of motel but the quality was fine. You take pets which is a deciding point for us. I was dissappointed that the first day we received no service from the maid. When I called the desk, the maid had left and supposedly her reason for not coming was that she thought the dog was in there. I would never have left the dog when expecting the maid. If we had received a message, I would have called before her day ended. The second day, she came and asked what I wanted. Well, after she left, I wished I had answered more specifically because the used towels were still there and no clean towels were left. My husband came in dirty from being in the woods and water all morning and went to take a shower. I went to the front desk to ask for towels. I was told to return to my room and call housekeeping. I knew where housekeeping was so I went there. The maid was there waiting for towels to come out of the dryer. The supervisor, in my opinion, seemed to be a little bothered that I was there. They handed me towels and I left. If you intend to keep guests happy you need to have enough towels to replace the used ones. I have no idea what you would do if the motel were full.
I would also recomment that you adjust shower heads so that the spray be directed to the center of the tub. The water sprays to the back of the tub and runs onto the floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8NewIberia, General Manager at Super 8 New Iberia, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We appriciate you letting us know about your stay and we are very sorry that you were unhappy. Super 8 has a set breakfast for all Super 8 hotels. Also, thank you for letting us know about housekeeping and i will address the matter right away. We hope that you give us another chance next time you are in town.