“Quiet, cozy, comfy place”
Review of Little River Inn

Little River Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Little River Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 111 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lewis
Description: Starting with a snowball stand in 1932 until today, Richard & Lori Hurst are carrying on the family tradition. From St. John Street to on the River, to nestled in the woods, now with two full service restaurants, Poor Boy's Riverside Inn's and Little River Inn's seafood and steaks have remained consistently delicious for over 80 years. Richard and Lori and their loyal staff hope you taste not only delicious Cajun food, but the pride that goes into every dish! The oldest restaurants in Acadiana with a great wine and dessert selection, kid friendly and great atmosphere with a third generation husband and wife team ready to serve and where you'll always find the locals.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Nice atmosphere with good food. Down home feel in a lovely dining room with a beautiful lighted oak tree to view through a large picture window.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

What a disappointment. I read the reviews and eventhough they were not great it sounded like a local place and I wanted to give it a try. Wow, it could not have been worse. The stuffed flounder was over cooked, greezy, and whatever that was stuffed with, was not elible. The baked potatoecame with no butter. They never put bread or crackers on the table. The bisque was gumbo but the waitress argued with me. Service was an all time low. She NEVER came to refill our water or tea the whole time we were there. I have never been so disappointed. I completed a comments card with my complaints but I wonder if the management ever saw it. I hope they are reading these reviews.

1  Thank MGrem
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Living in South Louisiana, I am spoiled with delicious mouth watering cajun food around every corner and I know what cajun food is supposed to taste like. Little River Inn has definitely lowered the bar for terrible restaurants with awful food. I haven't anything positive to say about my dining experience at Little River Inn. Over priced, bad service and very small portions of YUK !!!

1  Thank Ivan L
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The food and the service were the best. Great atmosphere, enjoyed everything about it.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We ate here only once and were not impressed with the dining room or the food.

1  Thank Monique L