“Fantastic...”
Review of Little River Inn

Little River Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Little River Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 111 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lewis
Description: Starting with a snowball stand in 1932 until today, Richard & Lori Hurst are carrying on the family tradition. From St. John Street to on the River, to nestled in the woods, now with two full service restaurants, Poor Boy's Riverside Inn's and Little River Inn's seafood and steaks have remained consistently delicious for over 80 years. Richard and Lori and their loyal staff hope you taste not only delicious Cajun food, but the pride that goes into every dish! The oldest restaurants in Acadiana with a great wine and dessert selection, kid friendly and great atmosphere with a third generation husband and wife team ready to serve and where you'll always find the locals.
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We ask our hotel front deck person for someplace to eat, she told us about this place, actually she just went on and on about this place. So much so we thought perhaps she was related to the owners-and she might well have been. This place is just amazing, the food was wonderful, the atmosphere was incrediable, the staff were possibly the most friendly and accomodating I have ever had. The gumbo was pretty amazing, and the stuffed peppers my wife had were the best ever. It's not a huge place, so I can imagine sometimes the wait might be a little long, but it is well worth it. There are big beautiful picture windows at one end of the dinning room looking out to a wonderful old live Oak tree encompassing the whole yard. It was just a wonderful dinning experience all the way around and the food was awesome.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

At the entrance to the restaurant there are certificates of achievement. Not sure how they got these!. Service started good. We were seated promptly, and served water. That's the positive bit done. We were a party of six, five meals were served after a 40 minute wait. The sixth meal was served a further 10 minutes later. Two of the side orders were served a further 10 minutes after that. The 'steak' was very poor quality. The meals did not match the price. The decor is tired and dated. A 15% gratuity was added, even though the menu said that it is only automatically added to parties of 7 and over. We took the check to the cash register and told them we objected to the 15% and would be paying less gratuity due to the poor meals. The girl said she would have to check on that! We then spoke to the owner, and in fairness she reduced the bill three dollars!! This restaurant needs a serious overhaul in all areas.

1  Thank happytraveller-spain
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We ate here a few weeks ago on the recommendation of a friend. The food was great. Service was great. I would go here again if I was ever in this area.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

I live in New Iberia and have eaten at Little River Inn two or three times a year over the past 8 or 9 years. That is, until about two years ago. That's when I finally put an "X" on Little River. I will not go back there unless I have absolutely no other choice (such as a friend from out-of-town who insists on this restaurant). The food is just so mediocre. Much of the fish-based dishes are very oily.

The only thing I order now is the Crawfish Half & Half (half fried crawfish and half etouffe'). This meal is OK, but last time I ate it, I had a full-body allergic reaction to the crawfish.

As a side note, Little River is a "sibling" restaurant to The Riverside in Broussard, LA (near Lafayette). I liked The Riverside in the late 70s and early 80s, but I have not been there since about 1993.

1  Thank Jen E
Reviewed February 20, 2009

If your idea of fine dining includes paying upwards of $30 for food that tastes like it came out of a can and is served lukewarm into the bargain, then this is the place for you. A group of six of us drove for 20 minutes to get there, and ordered what should have been a good sampling of cajun cooking. We were extremely disappointed across the board. The service was none too great either. What a shame to see cajun food reduced to this kind of tasteless glop. On the whole, one of the most disappointing restaurants I've ever eaten in.

2  Thank e2eyepi