“Sorry for the accidental terrible rating”
Review of Clementine - CLOSED

Clementine
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2014

a helpul tripadvisor member just let me know that my last writeup of Clementine was very positive but I accidentally rated them as terrible......... I meant to put very good, hope this makes up for it...

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The atmosphere on the bar side of the restaurant is much nicer than the larger dining area on the opposite side, which has a slight diner vibe going for it.

The oyster trio appetizer is tasty, the Bienville oyster being the best of the three. Slightly tepid, however. The same with the chicken sausage and duck gumbo. Good, not great. And slightly tepid.

Entrees were better. The sushi grade seared tuna over greens was very good. And the catfish with crab etouffee is super tasty. It comes with a bizarre side dish: potato salad. Although, the potato salad is great. More like deviled egg than egg salad.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

one of my vendors took me to lunch last week and I recommended Clementine, as I have never had a bad meal there. After reading the lunch menu it's funny but we both picked the same thing, a muffeletta panini as I have a weakness for a good muffaletta. It was perfect, the bread wasn't actually a traditional ciabatta but something similar that the chef makes daily. We had a great meal. Also, the week before I tasted their Lobster and Smoked Filet gumbo at the World Championship Gumbo Cookoff and it was amazing...... I hope they add it to their full-time menu, as it actually won the gold medal for the Melange category.........

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently had to come to New Iberia for business for a week. Being in South Louisiana, I was excited about indulging in true cajun cuisine. However, for the first few days, the restaurants left me completely underwhelmed. I was starting to lose hope that I would find a descent meal - until I came across Clementine. THE BEST MEAL I have had all week! The shrimp remeloude salad and the crab etouffee were outstanding! Full of flavor - this is definitely true authentic southern cooking. It's a bit pricey - but well worth it! Everyone was very friendly and I loved the local art work on the walls. Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Visited this place in the morning, and found it, and the owner, very charming, so decided to return that night from Lafayette for dinner. Huge mistake! I expected the meal to be pricey, which it was, but got none of the amenities one usually gets with that price tag. For one thing, I do not like eating dinner on a table covered with PAPER! At these prices, the table cloths can be changed as often as needed. Secondly, the food was just so-so. I've had better salads at Wendy's! Third, when our meal was half over, we had to request the bread we had been told we would be served, and our water glasses were never refilled. The music from the bar area was very loud, each time the door between the bar and the dining room was opened, and it was not the sort of music that is conducive to what we hoped would be an elegant meal.

1  Thank empressofclean