“Best Meal in New Iberia - Outstanding!”
Review of Clementine - CLOSED

Clementine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Best Meal in New Iberia - Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently had to come to New Iberia for business for a week. Being in South Louisiana, I was excited about indulging in true cajun cuisine. However, for the first few days, the restaurants left me completely underwhelmed. I was starting to lose hope that I would find a descent meal - until I came across Clementine. THE BEST MEAL I have had all week! The shrimp remeloude salad and the crab etouffee were outstanding! Full of flavor - this is definitely true authentic southern cooking. It's a bit pricey - but well worth it! Everyone was very friendly and I loved the local art work on the walls. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013

Covington, Louisiana
“Overpriced, poor service”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Visited this place in the morning, and found it, and the owner, very charming, so decided to return that night from Lafayette for dinner. Huge mistake! I expected the meal to be pricey, which it was, but got none of the amenities one usually gets with that price tag. For one thing, I do not like eating dinner on a table covered with PAPER! At these prices, the table cloths can be changed as often as needed. Secondly, the food was just so-so. I've had better salads at Wendy's! Third, when our meal was half over, we had to request the bread we had been told we would be served, and our water glasses were never refilled. The music from the bar area was very loud, each time the door between the bar and the dining room was opened, and it was not the sort of music that is conducive to what we hoped would be an elegant meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank empressofclean
Doncaster
“Lunch with clients on a Thursday”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrived about 11.45am and maybe this was a little early, but it soon got a few more people in. Wonderful decor in this lovely old style Lousiana town. Food was good, not the best I have had but nothing wrong. I think we have a new waiter so a few little mistakes were made but everyine has to learn sometime...

• Visited August 2013
Saint Martinville, Louisiana
“Very Good food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have eaten here a number of times now and the food is always good, sometimes great and the menu has some really eclectic items on it. Their bread pudding is the best in the world and I try to save room for it every trip. Their bar is a definite must see and they usually have some type of live music on the weekends.......

• Visited April 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should have gone to Chili's (and I don't much care for Chili's)”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

OK, so the restaurant is kinda quaint and had a lot of character. And, the bartender got my drink right.....twice. To this point, we were pretty encouraged and had high hopes of a good meal to follow. Not to be! We ordered the breaded eggplant appetizer. It was, well, overcooked and a very dark shade of crispy browness. The marinara sause was pretty tasty though. My wife ordered the pork tenderloin and I ordered the chicken stuffed with spinach and artichokes.with a creamy sauce on top. Sound especially good since I had a steak for dinner the night before. again, not to be. The chicken was very thin and very over cooked. The dish had real potential had it been prepared properly. Maybe if they had just lightly floured the chicken then very quickly saiteed it in butter. But, no to be. I took a few bites and that was the best I could do. My wike's dinner was OK but no apparent attempt at an attractive presentation.
All in all not a positive experience and if I ever do make it back to New Iberia (which is unlikely) we'll be dining at Chili's.

• Visited July 2013