“The Best Place to eat in New Iberia”
Review of Clementine - CLOSED

Clementine
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The food served at Clementine continues to be a party of exciting flavors and textures. Right in the middle of beautiful, historic New Iberia downtown, this restaurant has lots of competition in the area but, it holds its own and always pleases.

1  Thank evaporatorz

Reviewed February 3, 2013

However, we entered and we were met by a very taciturn young man who suggested we could either sit in the large empty front room or in the "back". We chose the back and lo and behold, the room was full of diners, so we thought it was strange that he had offered us the first choice. This young man was quiet to the point of being very off putting as he only answered in monosyllables and didn't volunteer any suggestions about the food. The food however, made up for his shortcomings.

2  Thank SHIPSPOINTBELLE
Reviewed October 24, 2012

They are amazing over there. Food is great. Service is always great. I am in fact so impressed that I will be having my wedding there this November!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hostess literally turned her back and ignored us. I was determined to eat here, and fortunately a waiter helped us out and gave us wonderful service. The food was very nice. I have no clue why the hostess was so awful, but I would fire her if it was my place.

1  Thank ResearcherMD
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I were in town to visit Avery Isand. We were looking for a good place to eat at (instead of take out or fast food).

Clemintine's was the only decently-rated, non-chain restaurant that appeared to be in an ok neighborhood.

We were seated right away. The staff was very nice. However, the food was under whelming (for the price). My starter salad was pretty small and the veggies didn't seem fresh (mushy cucumbers). The ahi tuna starter was EXCELLENT. My husband was told the chicken&crab parm was delicious. However, there was VERY little crab in the dish. It was tasty, but a little false advertising.

I ordered the tuna entree and asked for it rare. It came back fully cooked. The seafood melange on top of the tuna was phenominal, but the tuna was overcooked (not even light pink in the middle). I couldn't eat it.

Sooooo, for $70 the food was meh.

2  Thank Mell O