“Love everything about this place”
Review of Clementine - CLOSED

Clementine
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We truly enjoyed our experience here, we had the steak and bacon wrapped scallops they were both to die for delicious Our waitress was Angelle(I hope I got that right) came to us right away with a beautiful smile never missing a trick we never had to ask for refills, she made great suggestions.... it was simply a fantastic experience and I cannot wait to go back

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Thursday night of last week, I stayed in New Iberia. The weather was absolutely glorious. South Louisiana only has about 10 evenings each year when the weather is so perfect. I wanted to have dinner downtown because New Iberia has a geat downtown area. Good food......Downtown area......outside dining......easy choice......Clementine.

I had the 8 oz. filet with a baked potato and grilled vegetables. It was absolutely perfect and so were the four glasses of Cabernet that I had with it. The outside seating, in wonderful weather, made it an evening to remember, and the great service only made it better.

The prices aren't cheap, but neither is the food, the decor, and the service. All-in-all, I believe the food is priced fairly.

Speaking of fairly, I was just reviewing my American Express bill and I noticed the transaction for Clementine. Thursday night, I had misread the AMEX charge slip, seeing $81 when the bill was actually $61. I added the appropriate tip and totaled the bill, using the $81 amount for the base. The restaurant caught the error and recalculated the total bill, using the correct $61 amount. Kudos to the restaurant staff for their honesty.

I'll be back.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I had spent a week in New Orleans and ventured down to New Iberia to do a literary tour of James Lee Burke's sites that he mentions in his "Dave Robicheaux" novel series. James Lee had Dave, his family and his friend, Clete Purcel in Clementine for dinner several times, so our choice of restaurant for dinner was easy. After after an appetizer of fried green tomatoes with a sauced crabmeat topping and entrees of the bacon-wrapped scallops and the trout, we realized we had just had the best meal we had experienced on our trip and that included all the places we ate in New Orleans. We were just too full to try any desserts. The staff was young and enthusiastic and kept the water glasses full and as with most successful restaurants the owner was present and thanked us for picking Clementine when we left. The prices were on the high side for a small town, but I felt it was a value with the high quality and presention of the food. It was a very nice dining experience!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

They have some really good food but, OMG! a little high for my tastes! :) All in all, I'de recommend this place.

1  Thank tammyabear
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Who would have expected such big city quality in a small town atmosphere? My husband surprised me on our 25th wedding anniversary trip with a special night at this restaurant. While 2 hours from New Orleans, we could have been sitting in one of The Crescent City's finest. Owner Wayne Peltier did a magnificent job creating ambiance based on the late Clementine Hunter's Melrose Plantation art and style...and the menu offerings are equally impressive. Our favorites appetizers were the Crawfish Snaps (gingersnaps and dill together pop!) and Sweet Potato Burritoes with mango salsa. We finished our dinner with yummy Oreo Beignets with strawberry cream sauce. And if you're in the mood for a cocktail, try their Wedding Cake martini. The staff was extra nice and bent over backwards to make our night unforgettable!