“Excellent food & prices, funky local place”
Review of Victor's Cafeteria

Victor's Cafeteria
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in New Iberia
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at 1:45pm, and they close at 2. They were out of my beloved catfish, so I got the pork & sausage jambalaya. Good choice! It definitely tasted homemade. My tasty sides were carrot raisin salad, and corn. I think i got the only bottle of non-fat milk in the whole state. The ladies who worked there were all very nice. I enjoyed overhearing their conversations as the workday came to a close.

I'll definitely return on my next visit. Main Street is a very cute, old time place. Don't miss the Evangeline Theater, a few blocks from the cafeteria.

1  Thank AmeliaAirheart

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had to eat at Victor's to channel Dave Robicheaux. It is a cafeteria, with friendly staff. It was simply enjoyable sitting there and envisioning the characters in Burke's books.

1  Thank ResearcherMD
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Arrived in New Iberia early afternoon looking for a light lunch, wandered into Victors not expecting much but what a great surprise.
The food was great, best fried chicken I have ever eaten and the salads fresh and tasty.
The staff were a delight and we did not realise this was the hangout for James Lee Burke, Dave Roicheaux, Clete Purcell etc; a super bonus.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Most of the breakfast was your standard fare. Eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc. However, the Sweet Potato Pancakes were SO GOOD, I ate them witout any syrup! Just some margarine. The most devine pancakes I've EVER had!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Since Victor's was a lunch hangout for the sheriff's department personnel, city employees, Dave Robicheaux, his family and his friend Clete Purcel, who are all fictional character's of James Lee Burke's detective novels it was on our self-guided literary tour of New Iberia. New Iberia is the main location in the novels. It was just as described in the novels with the stamped ceiling and old time cafeteria atmosphere. Tourist pleasing items such as the "Dave Robicheaux eats here! wall sign and a "Dave's Bait Shop" front on the wall are part of the decor. The food selection is simple and southern and good! The line servers are smiling and sincere. The customers are locals and the prices are affordable. We had fun eating here!

1  Thank billmahan