“Disappointed. After 1/2 an hour we still had no food!!”
Review of Duffy's Diner

Duffy's Diner
Ranked #4 of 112 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Three of us chose this place because it had a real diner feel to the outside and I was looking forward to seeing if the theme carried. We were delighted to see a 50's diner replicated, minus some decoration. It was nostalgic to have the girls dressed to suit the era.

Service for beverages was prompt and our order was placed when she brought drinks to the table. For the three of us we ordered what we consider simple to prepare meals, or what should have been quick and easy to prepare. Our order consisted of (husband)burger/fries: (daughter) rice/beans: (myself) 2 chicken wings/baked potato. As the waitress headed back to the kitchen she stopped to take another table of two's order. That table received their meal and as we watched them eat and the waitress clear another table she told us that the chicken is made to order so it shouldn't be too much longer. The table of two whose order was submitted as the same time as ours was finished their meal when the waitress told us again that the chicken was being made to order. I was getting impatient as I'm absolutely positive I watched the table of 2 eat chicken. We continued to wait. We placed our order at 3:20pm (daughter received a text on her phone just afterwards) and when I saw that some people who had come in quite some time after us were served chicken dinners I told my husband and daughter that we were going. It was 3:50 which was 1/2 an hour's wait for 2 pieces of chicken that were being made to order????

Needless to say we went up to the till to pay for our drinks....got some stunned silence....then some excuses about the chicken being made to order again....no apologies offered but 2 beverages were given at no cost. I'm sure this is a one off, but it sucks when it happens to you. Even in fine dining you don't wait 1/2 an hour for your order. They obviously knew we were waiting if the waitress was telling us it wouldn't be much longer. If there was a problem with the chicken wings why not just come and tell the customer and suggest something else?

There are newer reviews for Duffy's Diner

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I was told this was the "Go-to" place in New Iberia. I got the fried shrimp Po-Boy. Some of the shrimp were not deveined and it was partially cold when it was brought out. Good flavor, but I was not overly impressed. Service was good. Atmosphere was great. The fries were also cold when it was brought out. Maybe it was an off day but I wasn't blown away by this place.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Love the theme and the food is great. My wife had the crawdad burger and I had the catfish dinner. We topped it off with a shake.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Duffy's looks just like an old school 50s diner from the poodle skirts the waitresses wear to the Coca Cola decor. The food is very good too. Yesterday my daughter and I had our old favorites, she had a cheeseburger and fries and I had the Club Sandwich and both were perfect. Their onion rings are great, and their plate lunches like red beans and rice or fried pork chops all look great but I havent had them.....Sometimes we just come in the afternoon and sit at the counter for ice cream.......

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were in town visiting the Tabasco factory and this place was rec'd to us by the Tabasco staff. Spot on! We wanted a taste of local food and the crabcakes with crawfish etouffee did not disappoint. Diner atmosphere - clean and 50's style. Our server was efficient and got our food out to us promptly and answered our questions about the choices.
Tip: order the daily special and it will be served fast! Burgers were flying out of the kitchen. Our crabcakes took a little longer but our server explained why. A good experience. Would return.