“Pigged Out!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Seafood Connection
Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in New Iberia
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Amherst, New York
“Pigged Out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Walking into this location of the Seafood Connection you feel like you're about to dine in somebody's garage. It was recommended by the counter lady at our hotel, she said that some of the higher end places were trading on their reputations, but at this place, they rarely missed on the food. I really liked it -- loved the seafood gumbo, and the fact that the oysters were put in near the end so they wouldn't overcook. The previously reviewer who said it was "horrible" probably knows a lot more about gumbo than I do, but I can't believe he got the same thing. My half oyster poboy was perfect -- good oysters, plus really fresh bread not too thick.

We all loved the staff. Waitress Amanda was really hustling and attentive, the owner shook everybody's hand and thanked us for coming, and the crawfish boil guys outside took us right in and showed us what they were doing. We're Yankees, and don't see crawfish boiling too often.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Broussard, La
“Lots of room for improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've been to Seafood Connection a few times a year for the last +10 years, but I'll be hard-pressed to return since my last visit. The parking lot smelled of seafood gone bad. (Strike 1) Their gumbo is horrible, and I'm a local. They should know better... (Strike 2) The service was terrible. Maybe we caught her on a bad night... (Strike 3) The only redeeming factor is their fried shrimp and catfish was good, but not the boiled shrimp.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank TadTolouse
Lydia,LA
“Seafood Connection's Gumbo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ate the seafood gumbo minus the oysters and waited almost 45 mins. They had to take out the gumbo which was in a ziplock bag & heated it in a rice cooker. The gumbo was good. We also tried the shrimp balls (I think that's the name of those things..LOL) and they were really good!.

• Visited July 2012
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great Shrimp Balls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I visited Seafood Connection one Saturday night and fell in love with the Shrimp Balls (which is an appetizer on the menu). I enjoyed also the Gumbo and the fried Shrimp was good also. I agree with the other reviews when I say the food is great, but the building is old and needs to be re-done. I had to exit the restaurant to go to the bathroom which is on the outside. That was pretty weird, but I fully enjoyed my food and the service was great.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Seafood Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is nothing like you'd expect. We got there and the place was packed but we got a seat immediately. Its almost like you are eating in an old warehouse. We had the crawfish and steamed crabs. Beyond expectations! Amazing!

1 Thank AnnieScruggs